how to tell when seeds are ready??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thelady, Jun 26, 2010.

1. my first grow, and i had a plant turn hermie.... only 2 of my ladies made it this far....question is though, i let it self pollenate, and was wondering how to tell when the seeds are fully mature? is it the same as waiting for the buds to mature? thank in advance

2. it takes 3-4 weeks for the seeds to mature. the longer the thicker the shell i think, but not 100% sure.

when the seeds are mature, they will start popping out of the bracts. if you want to see a pic, go to my gallery and check out blueberry 1. near the bottom of the bud youll see a mature seed coming out of its bracts.

good luck to you - sounds like you are planning to grow the seeds you get?

3. well i originally didnt want any seeds.... then i figured it was a blessing in disguise.... lol.... where im living now, its hard to find anything!!!! mainly hash is sold here, .... i had a few seeds when i got here, had those two plants surivive a noobs first try.... so its kinda good that there are seeds to try again =)

4. #4 farmerjane, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    i understand what your are saying, getting good seeds can be hard. im not sure seeds from a self pollinated hermie will give you the best plants - you might end up with a bunch of hermies. you could end up with a good one too, i just dont think the chances are real good.

i hope im wrong!