Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell the difference between reggy and dank?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Feelthenoize99, Jun 29, 2012.

1. I've been toking up for around 3 years now, and over the past year I've adopted the identity of a stoner. I smoke nearly every day for leisure.

Since I don't live in a state with medical dispensaries, me and the people I hang around with will buy from a specific guy in the street. He recently started giving us more potent strains, but I don't know if it's anything more then reggy. Whats the major differing factors between reggy and dank?

2. Well some dank bud will be covered in small white crystals, which is probably the most important thing to look for. The more crystals, the better. Just watch out for grit. The bud should also have some nice orange/reddish hairs on it. It should be easy to break apart, not too much stem or leaf. Look for that piney earth wood smell. Reggy usually is more brown than green, is dry and compressed, hard to pull apart, smells like death and has no crystals on it.

3. A couple ways to tell is
    Color- Dank will usually be more green with different colors like orange and purple.
    Reggie will be a much paler green and even sometimes brownish.

Dank will usually have no seeds (But sometimes you will find dank that has some seeds) while reggies more often have seeds

Trichomes (crystals) are also a great indicator of dankness. I bolded indica because they usually have much more trichs then sativas, so don't let that confuse u.

Smell
    Dank often has more pungent and exotic smell. Some of these smells are lemony, citrusy, piney, earthy, and skunky. When you open a bag of dank, everyone in the surrounding 15 feet will easily smell it.

Reggies have a much less potent smell, and not nearly as exotic.

Dank also usually has more orange hairs on it then reggies.

4. Thanks for the quick responses guys

5. Generally if you have to ask if it's dank, it probably isn't.