Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell quality of bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by eagleboy, May 30, 2012.

1. Ok so I just picked up some weed and the buds are very dense and hard. Are dense hard buds better than light fluffy buds? Or vise versa? Any answers are much appreciated

2. its not really the density that matters its how crystally it is

3. There is more than one criteria for the quality of bud, and I feel like that matters from person to person.
    For me: Frosty, stinky, hairy and then how the buds are shaped/their density.

If you had a pic the grasscity community would probably be able to help you even more

4. Put some pics up and we can tell you more! Usually if it has a lot of crystals or hairs, with a strong smell, it's good bud. Sometimes the buds will be hard though if they've been compressed. I had to fit a half ounce into a deoderant stick one time, that shit sucked. But it smoked good as ever even though i had to smush it together.

5. its kinda hard to tell just by looking at it. as a rule of thumb, the more white/purple/red/orange crystals there are on it, the danker the bud. also the more it smells, the better it tends to be. of course there are exceptions, but the best way to tell would be to smoke it and see what kind of high it gives you.

6. From this and your other identification thread, I assume you just bought some bud for the first time and you're unsure what you have. The best way to tell if it's Sativa or Indica, or whether or not it's quality is to actually smoke it. By the level and type of high you feel, you'll be able to determine these things.

I should note that as you smoke you'll create a tolerance and it'll be significantly more difficult to get VERY high. That's why more veteran smokers are always looking for high quality product, so they can get really ripped without having to smoke a quarter in a night. If you're new to smoking grass the crappiest herb in town will get you demolished, so you're best to just ignore worrying about being a stickler for quality until you've smoked a lot of bud.

7. Pics or gtfo.

8. Compare it to pictures on here of what people call dank.:smoke:

9. smell, taste, looks (trichomes all over it or red hairs)

10. Looks last me we got a comedian over here. :hello: everybody knows the purple and orange and red crystals are the best. ;)

11. It depends on the crystals (trics), orange/red hairs are a good sign, smell and last but not least the taste and high. By the way how was your fishing trip man.

12. Actually orange/red hairs are no sign at all. That does not say ANYTHING about the quality

13. You won't see lots of orange hairs on the worst of schwagg...

14. Shows how uneducated you guys all are.

First off they're not "hairs" i hate when people call it that, it's a damn pistil, certain strains/breeds will produce more then others, some will be different color, it does not pertain to potency in the slightest. It's how a flowering plant works.

On to OP - Telling a good bud from a bad one is as simple as just LOOKING (You can get a rough idea on how good it is from THC content (amount of trichomes) so if your buds have a "white" frost look to it, you're getting some bomb, if you're buying dark green dry buds, you're probably smoking some outdoor.

[​IMG]

^ this, is a good bud.

15. Look at all those hairs...that's how you know it's good shit

16. I hope you're joking.

17. Good to know some people are educated or mary jane lol.
    edit: honestly the only surefire way to find out how good it is is to smoke it. Usually how sticky/smelly/how many crystals i can see

18. We leave on Thursday, this question was actually about the bud for the trip :hello:

19. This isnt my first time buying, but it is my first time buying some better quality bud