Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell my parents

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jacob1056, Feb 12, 2014.

1. I'm currently living with my parents and I I would say that I smoke weed quite often. I have never been caught before and I have been smoking for about 3 years give or take. I don't necessary feel bad about not telling my parents and that I hide it from them but I wish I could be more open about it and even get to the point where they would just let me smoke at my house without them caring. I play baseball and am carrying a 4.0 GPA so I can easily say it does not affect me negatively if anything it helps me. What could I say to my parents to help them open their eyes to how harmless and beneficial weed is and maybe even get them to try it with me. If anyone has gone through this please share what you did

2. Just  don't tell them.

3. #3 Chanch02015, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    Pretty much this. If you really REALLY want to tell them, find a credible article on the subject and then just tell them I guess. But seriously, it's not really any of their business. Not only that, but speaking from experience, finding out that your child smokes is basically like being told that all of the work you've done raising that kid was for nothing, and it totally tears them down. My mom was in tears for hours when she found out, and I can still feel a little bit of disappointment when I talk to her.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

4. If you must tell them, check out the bottom of my sig and send me an email! Or if you are on an app that doesn't show sigs, just PM me your email. I'll send you back a huge number of links about cannabis. Then you can go through them and pick and choose what will work best for your parents!

So let's say your Mom's beloved Great-Aunt Rose died of Alzheimer's. Mom would likely be receptive to these-

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)   http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

That is based on the study-

A Molecular Link between the Active Component of Marijuana and Alzheimer's Disease Pathology      (full - 2006)        http://www.ukcia.org/research/AlzheimersDiseasePathology.pdf

“It is noteworthy that THC is a considerably more effective inhibitor of AChE-induced A‚ deposition than the approved drugs for Alzheimer's disease treatment, donepezil and tacrine, which reduced A‚ aggregation by only 22% and 7%,respectively, at twice the concentration used in our studies .Therefore, AChE inhibitors such as THC and its analogues may provide an improved therapeutic for Alzheimer's disease, augmenting acetylcholine levels by preventing neurotransmitter degradation and reducing A‚ aggregation, thereby simultaneously treating both the symptoms and progression of Alzheimer's disease.”

My current "Granny Storm Crow's List" has over 1000 pages of links for you to look through, and they are all nicely sorted, so it is easy to find what you need!  The List is free for the asking, and is also posted up online in several places, and on Facebook.

Granny

5. You can't say that it's not his parents business. For one thing, as parent you should make it your business what's going on in your house, especially when someone is using drugs. Sounds obvious that OP is not using it as legal medication, otherwise parents should know. If you're using it as recreation, then don't tell, trust me, parents will have a hard time understanding. I'm a parent and using it to medicate, and I will not be happy if I found out my kids are using just because. I can't do anything about it, unless they live in my house. So don't tell.

6. there's no good reason to tell your parents that you smoke weed..

why ruin a good thing?

I'd say this depends on your parents.

When I told my parents, I got mixed results. My dad was laid back about it, said "yea it was coming anyways" (we live in the part of Canada with the most smokers per capita as per a recent survey, literally almost every person around my age I know smokes as well as many older people), I wasn't expecting much of an overreaction from him as I knew he smoked already and had pinched bud from him a few times before without asking. Just told me to moderate it and not let it dominate my life.

My mom on the other hand was clearly disappointed, but told me she knew she wasn't gonna be able to stop it. It really hurt me to disappoint her that way, so I started to educate her. I've even gotten her close to a point where she's willing to try medicating for her rheumatoid arthritis (on the waiting list for hip replacement right now, has trouble getting through full days on her hip, fingers and shoulder are also very bad, really wish she'd try to at least medicate for the pain but she's against altering her state of mind)

On a side note, anyone know a way people who don't want to get the high of smoking can medicate (don't say low doses, low doses aren't a thing for beginning smokers she'll get a head change no matter what with smoking/vaping)?

8. i just explained to my parents how it doesnt affect me in school and it helps me relax etc.... i asked them if they rather have me smoking outside where cops can grab me, or be safe and smoke inside.  They knew i was going to smoke regardless. 

so they eventually let me smoke inside :ey:

9. I told my mom and dad. I keep my grades up. My dad used to smoke weed all the time and my mom smoked in highschool and college. They both said don't get caught. I have pretty cool parents haha.

10. Just tell them when you're under your own roof. If they disapprove they cant really do anything about it.