Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell my parents I smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by V1nom, Feb 3, 2015.

1. I'm 20yrs, I help my parents out with paying towards rent and other stuff like that. How could I tell my parents I smoke or what was the way you approach your parents with this subject? My mom might not care since she used to do the stuff back in her teen years. But my dad on the other hand is big anti-drug, like he never smoked weed or any other drugs in his life. The only thing he done was smoke a cegar lol. My uncle is only like 5 years older then me, so when growing up my uncle would get into a lot of trouble and smoking weed so my dad started to hate marijuana due to my uncle. What kind of tips or suggestions would you guys do.

2. Only thing ima say is whenever you do tell them...be prepared for shit to hit the fan just in case. Have a place to crash for the night if anything

3. Don't tell them if you risk drama
    Tell them if you think the drama ain't too great

We ain't you
    Figure it out yourself

4. you roll up a j
    spark the bitch up and ask your parents if they want a hit

5. Try to educate them as to why you smoke and why it isn't the devil's lettuce like your dad thinks.  It might help calm them down.  Damn I'm blazed

6. i just smoked, and started smelling like it so they knew. the fact you pay rent means they have a lot less incentive to kick you out for something, but your dad could be upset. if you think your dad would be supremely unhappy then just keep it a secret and if he gets mad just show him the recent facts

7. Why do you feel obligated to tell them? Not saying you shouldn't of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Words of wisdom, only tell the mom

9. I think my parents just assume i do. They make comments about smells on occasion and neither were born yesterday. But no direct conversations on the matter.

10. Ask your dad why he dislikes cannabis and then hit him with the facts.

Check out Granny Storm Crows List for almost 2000 pages of scientific studies showing the positive medical effects of cannabis.

11. Sit down with your parents throw on Netflix and put on "the business behind getting high" let them get educated. Then after that watch mac and Devin go to high school high af with your parents. (The movie is horrible so your parents won't even trip because they don't want to experience it sober.)

12. Mom, Dad....

I've saved my money for that sex change operation I have been wanting.....

No, seriously, I smoke weed, but am happy with my genetics.

:)

13. Have a move out plan ready for when your dad flips shit.

14. I would tell your mom that your mates are into it and you dabble in it every now and then. Let your mom figure out your dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Why tell them? It's not like your inclined to, they don't need to know. The only good thing that can come out of it is that they let you smoke in the house. Is that really worth the risk of a negative reaction, like being kicked out or having your parents lose their trust/faith in you?

16. Things will be rocky for a few weeks and then almost everything goes back to normal, except for sly comments from time to time about your habit.

17. Don't do it brah