Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell my parents about my medical marijuana card?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by grenks112, Jun 1, 2016.

1. I'm a 21 year old university student who lives with his parents in the summers when home from school. I have no option to move out and won't be able to for another 3 years when I graduate.

I was recently prescribed MMJ for my ADHD, anxiety, and insomnia. I take a few prescription drugs for these things & I explained to my family doctor the bad side effects/addictive qualities of them and she agreed. I told her weed helped relieve the side effects of these drugs and helped me sleep at night and so on so she referred me to a clinic.

The thing is I was caught with weed over a year ago, my dad gave me the strict propaganda BS talk how it's a gateway drug, it makes you unmotivated, and it's illegal. Well now I have my card sooo I can legally carry weed on me at all times now.

I vape daily in my room and they have no idea. I don't want to risk them saying "get out if the house if you think that's OK to do." I need to educate them more but I feel like they won't listen. I will soon be having weed shipped to my house so I think they are bound to find out eventually. Or do I just try and keep it a secret for as long as possible?

Let me say that I got good grades at school this year, I just got a full-time summer job, and I have my priorities in check. I hate all the propaganda stoners get--the ones that ruin it for every well-put individual like myself who has his goals and life in order.

How should I do this guys?

2. You should have your doctor explain the benefits of medical mj to them.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 7
  3. This. Good call dshramek

4. Yes. That's a very good idea.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. If your parents are like mine skip the part where u tell them anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 MayorMcStoned, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    There's a thread over in general where some dude is whining about his brother vaping in his room in his parents house...

OP... is that you? Are you the vaping brother?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Live your own life, keep some things personal if you have to. Most adults do. Theres just some things people don't really need to know, even if they are family it's not a great conversation subject.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I wouldn't tell them. Also you can just have edibles with you. I use to always have edibles in my jacket and take them at night and wake up feeling amazing. No one Knew.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Just remember, if you tell your parents you smoke they may stop you from doing it. We wouldnt want that would we?
    :weed:

10. Incentives to smoking may partially persuade your folks on why the herb is beneficial to all. Perhaps allowing a small indulgence to your fam may lead them to see things the way you see things, and being on the same page never hurt anyone communication-wise. Think in terms of a reverse allowance. lol

Hope your worries work themselves out, blade!

11. Can you put the parents in a nursing home? That way they would be out of the house and well taken care of, and you would have some peace and quiet in a nice home.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Hahahaha. Fuck dude. This had me cracking up!

That's some cold blooded shit.

• Like Like x 1