Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell if you smoked indica or sativa?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ScrumptiousKush, Jun 27, 2011.

1. I looked around the city and did not find a post asking this question so i figured i asked.

I suppose it could be that I'm just such an apprentice toker but I can never tell whether i just smoked indica or sativa. I have had highs where i was pretty high but i would describe it as an upper level high, but then theres the times where i would describe my high as being blitzed; intense body high and just shit was crazy. I dont understand the concept of indica versus sativa. I'd love to get the chance to smoke a sativa then smoke an indica to see the difference between each high but i don't have means to get a dominantly sativa or dominantly indica strain sense around here bud is bud; there isnt much strain name bud. Also another question. Occasionally on GC i come across a thread where people talk about the craziest high ever like everything was cartoonish to them, they were freaking out at everything, they didn't feel real and thought the world was all a dream blah blah blah. I've never got this high before and i was wondering if for some people do they just not get this high? I've been pretty high but it wasn't scary or out of this world. I was simply lost in my own little universe. Maybe i need to try a strong good strain name bud? I don't know, any comments, questions, and constructive criticism would be appreciated. thanks! :smoke:

2. indicas will give you more of a couch lock effect,while sativas will make you energetic

3. indicas make you feel more sluggish ang lazy and give you more of a body high, sativas make you feel energetic and you can still do things that you could normally do its more of a head high..they will both fuck you up though so its all good:smoke:

4. Step by step process:

1) Did the dealer tell you what the strain is? (If no move to step two)
    2) Smoke that shit (Move to step three)
    3) Are you so high that you can't feel your face, three extra large pizzas sound like a good idea and are currently watching shitty tv? (If no go to step two and repeat as necessary, if yes move to step 4)
    4) Did you have fun? (If no move to step two. Repeat as necessary. If yes move to step 5)
    5) ???
    6) Profit!

Sorry about that.

As for telling Sativa vs Indica, luvableBIC had it right. Sativa is a head high, making you active. Indica is a body high. Haze, Diesel are usually sativa, Kush is indica. However so many times dealers won't know there strain, sell it as something that it isn't, it is some sort of hybrid or it is a mix of different strains that hasn't been cataloged. You could very well have a dealer selling you "Silver Haze" when it is just some random weed he attached a name too. As long as it gets you high, be happy.

As for trying to locate the best weed, talk to your hookups. Ask if they have something stronger. Ask to try the weed before buying. Don't commit to a large amount, if the weed sucks it is hard to back out of a half o or o.

5. Whats it like to be blitzed off of a sativa? is it more intense than an indica? or is indica more intense sense its a body high? or does it just depend on ones personal opinion?

6. ^^that

7. #7 The Audion, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    well, most weed that you buy is a hybrid, unless its from a dispense. or it comes directly from the grower and you know what it is. I personally never felt "energetic" from weed, so I guess I've never had a pure sativa. but heres my breakdown

indica: you feel silly, happy, very relaxed. You get a body high, so you may feel like you're melting into whatever your sitting/laying on, your back massages itself. I sometimes feel like my body is all warm and fuzzy. great way to relax. you still get "high" but its not a racey, trippy, thought provoking high. Its a chilled out, classic stoner high. (This is how I feel on this weed I have now. Makes me feel like I'm in the "circle" on that 70's show.)

sativa: now, as I said I probably have never smoked a pure sativa, so this explanation is probably biased towards when I first started smoking and THC raped my brain with awesomeness. But yes, things do feel cartoonish. Your thoughts race, colors are very enhanced, music sounds like you've never properly heard it before. I used to look at my computer screen and basically trip out. Tv looks almost 3d. very mind expanding. I assume this is what a sativa feels like, because it has higher levels of THC and lower levels of CBD. If I had to make a guess, its what it feels like to be on low doses of **ahem** other drugs :hippie: THC is a mild psychedelic.

thats my take on it. comments/corrections/moral outrages welcomed!

sorry for the short story, but IMO

indica: body high

sativa: head high

doesn't explain the amazingness that is cannabis clearly enough.

8. I just get high man. But i usually look for sativa cause i like being outside.

9. #9 ScrumptiousKush, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That makes sense. If your description of sativa is correct then I don't think I've ever had a saliva. Well not a strong one at least. I have had purple haze and when I look back colors were more intense. It was fun. Haha.

10. yea. getting high is the shit, no doubt. :hello:

11. Indica seems much less satisfying IMO, because you don't feel as out of it, you know? It's much less spacey. You should just have intensely good vibrations pulsing through your body when you're high on indica. Not bad, just not my favorite. Sativa, on the other hand, makes me feel zoned out to no end. That's where I think people get more of an out-of-body experience, and everything looks and sounds so much different. Indica also has someof those characteristics, just not as strong. The best kind of strain you can get is a hybrid of the two. Its just the best of both worlds.

Edit: oldSCHOOL_toker hit the nail on the head.

12. take a look at the nuggs. sativas tend to look leafy and brighter in color than indicas. indicas are usually more bushy and deeper in tone. Both amazing, i like smoking sativas for work or when i need to concentrate more, as it stimulates your brain activity :) indicas to chill the fuck out and enjoy the high....

13. yea exactly man. indica just makes me feel good vibes from everything. and low eyed as sheeit.

14. Even when smoking a sativa don't you crash? (get really tired you just want to go to sleep) or does sativa prevent that?

15. To put it simply:

indica = tired/relaxed high
    sativa = "trippy"/active/excited high

16. Does anyone have an answer to the question I just asked? (Not post question) someones gotta know :D

17. it depends sometimes i dont even crash on indica..you could have different reactions to different strains of sativa

18. I've only had a 100% sativa once and I did not really enjoy it I normally be come more active high even on 100% indica the couch lock dose not really affect me much I just enjoy working, shopping , pretty much everything in a normal day with that incredible stoned stupid feeling but yeah

19. It depends on the person. If you have an ailment or disorder they will effect you a little differently then the average joe. Sativas usually give a head high that's more energetic then Indica, which is a full body high, and makes you sleepy.