Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell if Regular weed is ready for harvest?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 313rd, Sep 13, 2013.

1. This is my first grow, so I started with regular marijuana. How can you tell when its ready? I'm not stupid, I am a beginner but if you can tell me anything please explain in simple terms. Thanks Fellow growers and users.

2. The best way to tell is to look at the trichomes. You'll want a good amount of them to start turning from a cloudy color to an amber color. If none of them are even cloudy yet, then it's too early to harvest. You can check your trichomes with one of those cheap led microscopes. If you don't already have one, you should definitely buy one. Another way to tell is to look at the pistils(the hairs on your buds). You want most of them to start shriveling up and turning brownish in color. Hope I could help you man. Also, do you have any pictures of your plants?

3. I heard from a grower, that some of the fan leaves towards the top will start to yellow when its ready to harvest.

However, that yellowing can also be due to lack of nutrients and low nitrogen levels.

If you have a magnifying glass, try to look at the 'hairs' or trichomes on the bud. If they are amber red or orange, it should be ready. If the hairs are WHITE , they are not ready yet. 

I'm a semi-experience grower but had to stop because my location was compromised . Best of luck man. Found a video, see if it helps.

http://youtu.be/A_r0_2ohTjk

4. This is a long result to find out but your opinion helps a lot thats more than I know. Thanks.
    Yes I do have pictures.

5. Yeah my hairs are white thanks for letting me know I was unsure about that. Appreciate it