How to tell if hermie

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kUshl0rd, May 19, 2011.

1. i have 6 plants one of them has seed looking things where normally the pistils are or w/e the other ones dont seem to have that they are bc blueberry should i take that guy out?

2. can some one please help

3. Without photos it's hard to tell. As the buds mature, the calyxes become more swollen per each stage of pistil production. Some of these calyxes will look like seed pods and will have a cluster of pistils ready to burst. If nothing happens in a couple days, you can take some fine point scissors and cut the suspect calyx to see what is in there without hurting anything.

4. heres a pic thanks for the help i really appreciate it

[​IMG]

5. that is a male dude, yank it :eek:

6. Yeah, 100% male.

7. so i should pull it out now? will it make the others male?

8. It will get your girls pregnant.. they will produce seeds and not THC. kill it unless you want seeds

9. Kill it ASAP, males do not get you high. Get it out of the room so pollin doesnt get on the girls

10. sweet just did. How come it turned male? i bought these seeds from a seed bank. it was the one closest to the door so light leak? the other plants have pistils so i think they're good

11. did you order feminized seeds? a lot of them turn hermaphrodite.

12. idk i dont think it said fem on the package but fuck it whatever. THanks for all the help guys i REALLY appreciate it!

13. probably regular seeds then. just a part of growing:smoke: