Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to take out all the resin out of your glass spoon?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jsmooth23, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Ok, so I got this new spoon and it hits pretty good and i love it and all its just it gets dirty way too fast. When I use it it starts turning yellow and i get a whole lot of resin in it. The guy from the shop told me i don't need a screen for this so I'm not using one but maybe I should since there's so much resin at the bottom. So when I looked this up most people or websites would say Iso alcohol and i tried this but the yellow would come off and some of the resin but a lot of the resin is still in the spoon. How should I take off the remaining resin in my spoon? i tried iso alcohol, boiled water, what else is there i can do to take off the resin?

2. use iso and salt, the bigger grains the better. Just put it in the bag, fill the bag over the pipe full of iso and dumb a bunch of salt in there and shake it really good and then let it sit. Bending a paper chip or using a q tip is a good way to get the stuff stuck inside out. :smoke:

3. There are plenty of ways to do it, probably the most common being isopropyl alcohol and salt.

Just rinsing it in isopropyl won't do much. If it's very dirty, you could start by soaking it in a ziplock baggy with isopropyl for at least a few hours.

If that doesn't get it all out, or if your pipe is not resinated enough to need a prolonged soaking, put it in a ziplock baggie with some isopropyl alcohol and a real good amount of salt.

The salt acts as an abrasive, so shake the holy living hell out of it. Rinse and repeat as many times as needed.

For any bits of resin that are still stuck, get yourself some pipe cleaners and go to work. :smoking:

4. oh yea i forgot to mention i put salt in there too but it might have to do wit the alcohol level its 70% cuz i cant find 90% at my store but wen i do put it in a ziplock bag i put the iso in and salt inside and a lil of the resin come out but the majority is still in. My friend told me boiling it is the best way so i boiled it and nothing came out and i boiled it for atleast 10minutes. But the thing is i dont put iso and salt for a few hours i take it out in lik 5-10min

5. #5 *guest, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    Boiling is not the best method.

When you put the iso and salt, do you put a real good amount of salt in there, or just a little? And do you make sure to shake the holy living shit out of it for as long as possible? :p

Don't bother boiling it. If there are bits of resin that are still stuck after iso/salt, you need to get yourself some pipe cleaners. ;)

EDIT: Soaking it in the iso for a few hours first might help as well.

I had a hard time finding 90% iso for a while too. In my area I have Safeway and Fred Meyers. Safeway only had 70%, the Fred Meyers near me has 90%. Look around, try drug stores and such, you should be able to find it somewhere.
    That's not to say you can't clean a pipe with 70%, though.

6. It works best with the 91%, 70 is way to watered down so that should be your problem. Walmart should have jugs of it for like 3 dollars in the medicine section. :bongin:

7. Walmart has jugs of the shit?! Aw fuck, I never looked there. I hate going to Walmart. :laughing:

8. Not really jugs, more like a liter. I sure wish they did because I would stock up for my occasional cleaning. Amazon.com might be good for a gallon though. ;)

9. Ohhh, okay. You said "jugs" and I was picturing giant bottles of the shit. I can get a liter just fine at Freddies. I feel better now. :laughing:

10. I don't really know why they dont! I would definitely buy one, but that might be why, nobody needs more then a liter or so. :p

11. Hell yeah, I'd buy a jug if they had it.

But you're right. Who (besides stoners who need to clean their pipes) needs a giant jug of isopropyl? :laughing:

Poor stoners. Walmart needs to know us better. :p

12. They know to put all the good food at the end of the isles but not to stock up on paraphernalia cleaning supplies. :hello:

13. Yeah, I personally don't know of much else to use iso for other than cleaning and hash.. But yeah, I recently had picked up iso from my grocery store and it was only 70%, but if you shake it enough with enough salt, it still gets mostly clean. 91% iso definitely works more flawlessly.

14. Thanks guys it might have to do with how much salt i put in i jes put in like 5 small salt packs in am i suppose to put like a shit ton of salt in?

15. The salt is used as an abrasive, so if you want to get more shit off put more salt in it..

I clean my pipe by scraping all the resin out, smoking those 3 big goops of crap, then run it through a bag of 420 cleaner (marketed alcohol/salt mixture) and it comes out like a charm.

I've heard the salt weakens the glass, but haven't really seen it happen.

If you do boil the fucker, boil it with salt water.

And don't run it through cold water afterwards

16. I bought one of those tube looking ones and I just dump it for a good 3 seconds so yeah, you want a pretty good amount of salt in there, enough to fill the bottom of the bag. :wave:

17. do you put the iso alcohol first or do you put the salt first?
    And do you put the salt in the ziplockbag or do you put the salt in the spoon?

18. Doesn't matter. You'll want both the iso and salt in there at the same time, which one you pour in first won't make a difference. :smoking:

19. Well what about if your trying to smoke the resin?

20. boil it in salt water and wen u pour it out don't put cold water on it cuz dat can cause cracks in ur pipe