Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to survive a tolerance break?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Lukecage, Oct 13, 2016.

1. I need some ideas to ease the pain during this MISERABLE t-break. My tolerance is through the roof and it really blows. I use mj for so many things, appetite, sleep, back pain, stomach pain, anxiety, depression, guitar playing, how the hell am I to function now? I know people laugh at the very thought of mj addiction but idk it seems pretty real to me. Or at least, there is definitely some psychological dependence.

It's only day 3 btw so I'm pretty disappointed with my lack of control. What if I just hit the bong a few times a day rather than 5 times every 3 hours? Will less mj consumption throughout the day decrease tolerance as opposed to quitting it all together? I get high after a shower and breakfast should I wait till like 4pm?

Funny how I wanted my tolerance to go up when I first started due to the constant ball busting from my buddies for my lightweight status. Screw that! I wish I was 14 again. I would gladly get roasted if I could get that sweet sweet feeling back.

I made an account just to ask about this. Im dying here!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. lol by now u should be growing your own,, my face melts when i smoke this
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Yeah bro, i know alot of people that do T-breaks like that......cut down either the number or times or the amount each session or even better....cutting down both. Never had to do one because I have never gotten TOO crazy with the amount I smoke.

I too used to, and depending on the "heavy hitters" Im around, still get ragged on for my "lightweightedness".....
    Although when I was a teenager it was more "actually making fun of me" compared to the lighthearted "teasing" I get now........with most of them "pulling me aside" one by one throughout the day/event confessing that they too were somewhat jealous and wish they were back to those days LOL

Good luck man

• Like Like x 2
  4. Idk what to say I have the same problem. I just caught a cold 3 days ago though and haven't been able to smoke much at all so you could always go hang around the hospital until you get sick enough it hurts to smoke lol

sent from my garden

• Like Like x 3
  5. I've just started a T-break after non stop smoking for 3 months at about an oz a week +.

First few nights no sleep, just got to get your body used to going to sleep without weed. That's the first step in taking a break. Drinking lots and lots of alcohol also helps.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You just don't smoke... "how to survive"....??? marijuana is never life or death. Get addicted to alcohol then quit suddenly and you'll know what true withdrawals and dependency is... that's actually lethal. Don't smoke, get your shit done and don't be dependent on a drug if you cannot function without it. I guarantee if you make positive life changes during your break you'll approach pot more positively. Don't become dependent on the plant.

And I can't tell if Father Ted was being sarcastic about drink more alcohol but that's the last thing you should do. If you have a dependency on pot, never drink alcohol.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Way ahead of you

What are friends for if not breaking balls? Lol thanks bro

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well I was over-exaggerating. I know that you can't actually die from quitting. The main thing is that it helped pull me out of a deep deep depression that developed in high school and without it I'm afraid it'll come back. But damn I can't even have a beer???

9. If you're using cannabis for a medical purpose for depression, then by all means continue smoking. My response was based off of you seeming like when you're not smoking you can't function normally. And my whole thing about the alcohol was just because by reading your post I assumed you're young. If you have become dependent on cannabis to mask depression, don't replace the pot with alcohol. If pot dependency exists in you, do not increase your intake of alcohol, what I consider to be the most destructive drug. It'll start with just a few beers while you're taking a break from smoking to take the edge off, then it'll become occasionally binge drinking when pot doesn't get you as high as you want anymore...... I tell anyone who struggles with dependency to pot to never get into alcohol. I know many alcoholics who smoked weed constantly as teenagers but became alcoholics by replacing pot with alcohol as they got older due to new careers and whatnot. Just be careful.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thanks for the info. I'm gonna cut back on drinking as well. I've also been drinking while smoking to get more of an effect and based on what you're telling me, it sounds like I screwed myself a little. What are your thoughts on CBD oil? I know it doesn't get you high but people say it helps with the problems I described

11. I'd say the biggest help is to find a hobby. Find something to keep yourself occupied so that you're not constantly thinking about smoking weed. Hobbies also help depression since you won't think about bad thoughts. A lot of depressed people like to stay busy for that very reason. Music does kind of go hand in hand with weed, at least for me, so I would try something that isn't music. Try campfires every night or going outside and doing random shit. Try playing games to keep your mind occupied. Increase your work hours at your job, you'll have more money and you won't be smoking or thinking about it and if you are, you really can't do much about it.

The biggest point is just not to focus on the fact you don't have weed and to keep yourself occupied. I know what it's like because I'm very weak to weed, when I'm out I feel like I have to have more and I hate not having any and I also hate taking tolerance breaks.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Try Kratom, it's a Asian plant in the coffee family. In a low dose it's a mild upper. Higher doses give more of a sedative, narcotic effect. People use it to get past opiate withdrawals.

White Widow autoflower x4

• Like Like x 1
  13. Missed this. Sorry no I was being serious. You ever wanted to get high when so hungover that you're puking all day? Hardest part of any tbreak is the first day or two...self inflicted illness is a great way....it's basically what they do to smack heads in clinics...

14. #14 Mid man, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Bro half the things you use cannabis for sounds like you warding off withdrawals:

"appetite, sleep, back pain, stomach pain, anxiety, depression, guitar playing"

(appetite, sleep, anxiety, depression) are straight up the most common mj withdrawal symptoms. I promise if you stop smoking for a solid month you will at least eat & sleep better. Anxiety and depression are common withdrawal symptoms too but could also be separate issues, I can't make the call on whether or not marijuana is causing them (but you can if you are boldly honest with yourself).

I'm not gonna sit here and tell you if mj is helping you with medical issues you may have but take a solid break and I'm willing to bet half those things will get better from not smoking. A lot of people need mj for those things, most that claim to don't and are straight dependent and don't realize it. Find out which one you are. Too many people get in this circle where they start smoking a lot everyday for months on end and then stop smoking and wonder why they can't eat & sleep and claim marijuana helps(when really they became dependent and now actually do need it to eat and sleep)

• Like Like x 1
  15. appetite loss goes hand in hand with the stomach pain which i've had since i was a kid. i've had anxiety problems and sleep problems due to anxiety for as long as i can remember but that was because of something else and the depression started when i was 15 and i had only smoked a few times by then. so i know i had some shit going on before i started mj and all those problems are lessened when i smoke but i will give you that when they come back after not smoking it's more unpleasant than usual for a few days

16. Well my cold is gone I basically went 3 days with only 1 or 2 dabs for the day im still a Lil sick but not bad at all. Anyway it seems just those couple of days smok8ng very minimal has helped cause now I am getting high again with only 2 or 3 dabs. As far as becoming dependent on cannabis I think that is more or less with teens and young adults. When I was a teen I had to be really stoned to do anything. Now at the age of 37 I can function without it if need be. I may not be as happy and talkative as when I'm using but I'm not going around complaining and making everyone else aware that I haven't smoked or anything. I can go to sleep with our a puff. I don't wake up and grab a joint first thing every single morning anymore some days I do and some days I'll go 5 or 6 hours before tak8ng my first puff

sent from my garden

17. Don't smoke everyday, it'd liberating.

I hadn't smoked in 2 days (just because) and last night I had the most amazing sex dreams and flying dreams, one day I'll have a flying sex dream!

18. While you may need a T break it doesnt mean stop consuming (for me at least) I picked up some CBD strains that were really low with THC and my tolerance went back up. I guess my body needed a THC break and not a tree break. Happy smoking.

19. Just push through the t-break blade, after two weeks I have found it will become pretty easy as your body gets used to life without cannabis at that point (personal experience). Do a whole month that is a good t break in my opinion, if you want to really have a legendary t break do 3 months (your body renews all its blood in 3 months). Otherwise yeah cutting down on sessions and amount smoked in the sessions lowers your tolerance but obviously not as considerably as going cold turkey, good luck!!!

20. Play video games, have sex/jerkoff, eat better food, go for walks in nature, not gonna recommend you to smoke tobacco but if you like cigars you could occasionally smoke one, watch good movies or shows or youtube, all that kind of shit should help take your mind off it and keep you entertained. The thing people take for granted when smoking a lot of weed is how it never allows you to be bored.