How to support plants???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WilliamHBonneey, Aug 14, 2013.

1. i tried making a support for my plants i put four stakes around my plant and ran some twine in levels going completely around it but it seems like its to close.....any DIY support systems blades?

2. I threw a trellis net on mine the other day. That's probably your best bet man. Just use your stakes like you have them. Maybe spread them out a bit tthen wrap your trellis around the plant and stakes then fit the branches tthrough. Or you could gget some wire fence and make a cage around it and tuck the branches through that

3. Thanks Dagolf may try fence idea. I have som old fence could tie it too four stakes as legs. put the piece of fence on top of em and put each branch through one of the holes. I can even make it so I can adjust it higher due to growth. I can kinda picture it now

4. I am lst plant so all branches are top branches that's why I ld only need fence on top. Forgot that detail

5. View attachment 123825

some old trim board from a scrap wood pile..  and florist's wire...   also, 1/2" PVC works good too... doesnt blend well in a wooded area though

6. Get some rope trellis nets and bamboo poles. I used wire cages on a few of my plants and allowed them to grow through the cages. It supports them and makes it hard for rippers.

7. Stumps make for perfect stakes if you planted near some. If not, theres green painted bamboo poles at lowes and u can put 4 around em and use some sort of twine. Or you can also use wooden clothes hangers and run the twine through em and stick em down in the ground.

8. Plants shouldnt need support???

9. gotta listen to them and consider their feelings right?

10. Says who?

11. Thats why i put the question marks lol i was wanting an explanation why a plant needs support

Must not got any sun or some strong ass winds come through

12. #12 QuadSportz06, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
    [quote name="TimeIsMoney1" post="18530137" timestamp="1376766532"]Plants shouldnt need support???[/quote]Hmm, let me know how that works out in a sideways rain storm when your plant is 3' tall or more.. Esp. During flowering! All the weight of those luscious budsHave you ever grown a tomato plant? Good comparisonSent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #13 JUSTHILLBILLY, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
    Or they are way to big, Plus i have a wind

When the colas are as long or longer than Baseball bats they need a little help

14. Yep hillbillys right. Your heart will break when you go out to check and see a big moldy ass cola layin in the grass cuz the stalk snapped. Prepare, prepare, prepare.

Almost full sun 1 1/2 hrs of filtered shade 

16. Is out beneficial to shade from time to time I have a feeling we're in the same area but I have an eastern facing house do I get the sun rising on the plants then later my house naturally shades the back yard

”Hard work, dedication”-Floyd Mayweather Jr.

17. Always great help on GC!! (When the kids aren't trolling) lol thanks everyone

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. aww its nothin just a question i wanted answered bro i feel the same