Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to stop the munchies?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GanjaGoodMan, Jun 14, 2012.

1. So I like to work out, two months ago I decided enough was enough, I knew i was overweight so I stopped fooling around, good off my ass and lost 8 kg (18 pounds) in a month and a half doing some nice P90X (which btw, I highly recommend for everyone wanting to lose wait or gain muscle). During this time I wasn't toking that much so I could handle eating anything I wanted every once in a while, but since I started blazing more often, I found that the munchies could potentionally really fuck things up for me... I don't wanna lose all that I worked for, so I ask: How can I control/fight the munchies? Is a strong will the only solution? I'm sober now so I can't even explain the urge I get to eat, it's just so intense, if food enters my thought, it never leaves until my tummy if full.

Cheers :smoke:

2. * got
    * weight

3. Chewing gum, masturbation, water, and soda.

4. GUM! Damnit, should've done that before. And soda ain't an option, it's equally as bad as eating shit... pure sugar, if you wanna lose weight, it's a big no-no

5. #5 Volkoff, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
    Fruits dude, I stock up on strawberries, blackberries, apples, blueberries etc. Can eat a whole shit load without much weight gain.

6. Yeah just eat a bunch of healthy things. Celery with peanut butter is pretty tasty :)

7. I was a bit skeptical if this thread would actually help me, but that's actually a really good, simple solution... Now that you mention it, I do remember eating an apple the other day, sweetest, most succulent fruit I ever tasted hahaha

Now, I'm curious where you got your username from, may I be so bold as to ask?

8. Yeah sure, I'm Russian and a major river in Russia is called the Volkoff River, my last name is also Volkoff obviously named after the river.

9. Ohh that's pretty cool man, I've always loved the name Volkoff... Saw it on the series Chuck :D

10. Yeah I like the name! message me if you need any more advice because I also do enjoy working out quite often and am pretty attentive to my weight, also ifI can make a suggestion after toking, go for a nature hike/walk it'll be the highlight of your day while burning some of the munchies off!

11. Alright, sweet... I'll be sure to do that, unfortunately enough I live in a really urbane area, so not much places to hike but I'll keep it in mind. :smoke:

12. Gum is definitely a good option. Get a few different flavors, and you can get lots of different munchie tastes without actually eating. :smoking:

Also try chugging a big glass of water, it'll help you feel less hungry. And if all else fails, get some healthy munchies to eat. Vegetables and fruits especially.
    Wheat Thins are probably better than a bag of chips. Carrot sticks even dipped in some ranch dressing is going to be way better for you than a cheeseburger.

Just choose wisely, friend. ;)

13. Excerise. Go hit the gym..hard! Then to wind down smoke a big fatty and when the munchies hit you, eat healthy food. Theres tons of delicious food that is good for your body. You can eat as much fruit as you want, until your sick full, and you wont gain weight. You burn more calories digesting a piece of celery, than actually in the celery. That being said dont go binge on celery and think your set. Just bust your ass with your workouts, (any set or even rep that you cheat on, your just ripping yourself off!) and eat a good healthy diet. Stay away from processed anything! Lots and lots of water, fruits, veggies. Also eat many tiny meals opposed to 2 or 3 massive binge meals. Eat breakfast too, wake that metabolism up and start buring that fat! Your metabolism goes to sleep after 2 or 3 hours with nothing, so even a granola bar or anything keeps you focused, full, but not over doing it. You will make it mang! Goodluck!

14. Usually when I have a meal or eat before I vape, I don't really get the munchies. Try it out and see if it works for you.. Or you can just much on some healthy stuff. I hear Vegan food is really good :rolleyes: