Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to stop the groginess?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bigdankkush, Mar 6, 2013.

1. So I smoked like 7-8hrs ago and I still feel like I'm at a 1-2 just groggy... How to make it go away?

2. Take a nap.

Or pump yourself full of caffeine.

3. I would have to assume you are smoking Indica strains, known for being the "body high" and i find it often leaves me groggy or couchlocked when smoking. This is why 90% of the time i prefer smoking sativa's. They give you the "head high" and make me energized more than lazy.

A good way to tell if you have sativa or indica cannabis is by looking at color and smells. If your bud is some Purps then it is indica dominant most likely. Also any strain with Kush in it is indica (ex: og kush, afghan Kush etc...)
    I also find that Sativa strains (ex: geen crack, Jack heurer sp?) usually have more of a sour smell than indicas although i could be wrong on that.

4. Man idk if it was indica I mean my body felt heavy but at the same time my head felt crazy. But either way I always feel groggy after I smoke.

5. Shower, napping, fresh air.

6. coffee, exercise, food, water, sleep

7. I always feel a little sluggish the morning after a fat late night session.

Or if I have a huge wake and bake, I burn out later that day.

Biggest thing for me is to just stay active and drink lots of water.

Don't eat junk food, it will just pick you up for a bit than burn you out again.

8. Yeah I hate that feeling. Usually happens with me whether it's indica or sativa just worse with indica. I just take a nap or snort up (kidding)

9. Smoke again that usually does it for me

10. Coffee always helps

11. make a smoothie and smoke another bowl

12. Coffee is your ally.

13. i feel you man. sometimes i get so stoned and it lasts forever... which is a good thing, but i can't smoke again if i'm overly exhausted from a great high

14. When i start feeling exhausted during a come down I just drink some coffee and proceed with the bong rips.

Toke up.

15. Exercise works every time. If I smoke before work once I come down I bust my ass for thirty minutes and I'm golden

16. Coffee doesn't seem to do it. Most coffee just jolts you up, than you end up crashing again.

Water seems to be better actually. Chug a tall glass of really cold water, it gets ya going ;)

17. To be honest I've never experienced grogginess hours later from weed but i can tell you that i do know of people that it happens to. I think its just body chemistry we all handle substances in different variations.

18. Then you probably had a hybrid but mostly Indica dominant. Do you know which strain you smoked?