How to Stop Feeling Guilty

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by erutxet, Aug 8, 2010.

1. I'm psychotic. I live at home. I haven't been to the psychiatric ward in almost a year because smoking weed keeps me grounded. My parents are getting on my back lately because I smoke weed 24/7 these days. I'm just always smoked out. It's because of school; there's a lot of pressure on me to go to graduate school for Psychology. I wonder if I can even even manage that. So obviously they are hurt and mad, smoking dope under their roof.

But on the other hand, it sucks to see that they are upset when I'm barely holding on here! I'm upset too! Doesn't my pain mean something?

I've tried moving out several times and I just start doing other drugs and losing my focus completely, and then going to a rehabilitation program soon afterward. So I need to live with someone until I finish my degree and get my life together at least.

I'm also really unstable because I feel like no one understands me. My parents are just not aware of how I actually struggle with daily. So, for her to come down on me for smoking weed so I can do what she wants to me to is just really pissing me off. I just want to smoke weed and not give a shit.

2. Just do whatever the hell you want.

3. ^^ what this guy said. do what makes you happy and be yourself. sounds dumb, but its so true

4. The mind is everything. What you think you become. -Buddha

5. Just keep doing it if it really helps you

Seems ironic to me to be going to school for psychology when you in and out of phyciatric wings , just saying

6. That same thought hit me too, if you fell victim to psychological disorders, why pursue a degree/career in psychology? I hate to say it, but your studies may be bringing out old pains from your unconscious mind. While I'm no psychologist, this hypothesis would make sense under the small amount of psychology that I'm familiar with.

Like previously said also, do what works for you.

7. Cure= Smoke lots of weed.

/thread.

8. well, you got to do what you got to do. unfortunately that may not mesh with the hopes and dreams of your parents. too bad. if smoking helps, then it shouldn't be a problem, just don't go overboard, you don't want to make things worse. is there anyone else you can live with? the pressure you feel from your parents can not be helping your mental well being. I had the same problem, I know my parents want the best for me and still keep them close, but I haven't been able to stay with them for any length of tome since my teens, they just drove me nuts, and I did the same to them. hopefully one day they will understand where you are coming from. smoking does not mean you can't have a productive and fruitful life, quite the opposite!

9. Do this ....

But preferably without putting your parents at any risk of getting in trouble for YOUR habbit.