How to Spot a Troll

Discussion in 'General' started by 3XL, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Almost everyday I see a new troll thread with some kid who has less than 10 posts, writing some eleborate story about sex, getting arrested or something that will attract peoples attention.

Strangely many people dont spot the thread as a troll, and play along (or actually answer like its a real story), so heres some tips so you dont waste your time with troll threads.

1. Check how many posts the OP has. Less than 10? Probably a troll
    2. Check join date. Did they join today? Yup, troll.
    3. How believeable is the story? If it seems too strange, it probably never happened.

Stay safe blades! :hello:

2. This thread is the epitome of trollcity.

No mas!

3. Hitlerchu!

Thanks for the troll hunting tips 3XL :wave:

4. Who cares? Really, though.

It's not like you're going to spontaneously combust if you don't scream "TROLL!" before posting in every thread you see. Y'all act like the word is so powerful it's going to ward off all the demons or something o.o

Doesn't matter whether OP is telling the truth or not. Give your opinion, move on. Obviously if they're feeling so lonely they have to make something up for attention then they need professional help, not to be attacked.

5. More like trollcity

6. #6 Atomic Stoner, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  7. Right, no one ever makes an account to tell a story. No one ever posts the day they join the site either.

And all these users with a ton of posts joined with high post counts...

8. Is this really necessary?

9. Not in the slightest.

10. Trolls may have thousands of posts; not necessarily a few.

One way to spot a troll is if he/she posts in a thread with irrelevant info.

11. I consider myself a troll.

12. I consider you a troll as well.

Jk <3

13. So almost every Grasscity member ever?

14. It always amazes me when I see people with like 500 posts in 2 weeks.

15. I have seen alot of these kind of stories from newbie trolls

16. At least they're entertaining

17. I was watching Battlefield Friends on Youtube and realized I am a huge troll in that game.

C4 on Jeeps lol

18. [quote name='"HoneyDutch09"']I was watching Battlefield Friends on Youtube and realized I am a huge troll in that game.

C4 on Jeeps lol[/quote]

Nothin troll about jihad jeeps. Thars a real tactic in real life im pretty sure. Unless you spend all game doin it then youre trolling lol.

19. Does OP weigh the same as a duck?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g]She's a witch! - YouTube[/ame]

20. Everyone's got a little troll in 'em

Women as well, except they call their troll pillow pants