How to smoke weed in a hookah without coals?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by buckles420, Oct 7, 2013.

1. My brother just gave me his hookah and i have never smoked out of one before. He said I probably wont be able to smoke out of it without the coals. Is there a way to smoke weed out of a hookah with out coals? Is there a way to make homemade hookah coals?

2. well, you could always just light it with a lighter and use it like that, but its not very easy.  honestly, keep the hookah for use with shisha, and get a bong or bub for weed.  Also, coals are pretty easy to get, either have your brother or yourself go to the tobacco store and buy a pack of coals for like $5.  

3. my roommate sometimes just lights the foil like it's a bowl. you aren't going to get super cloudy smoke from it though. coal is only like 3 bucks

4. Isn't a hookah basically a vaporizer? I know with shisha it's basically just vapor.

5. yes hooka is basically just a big vape but it wasnt made for dry herb like weed. you just waste a ton of weed for a few hits.
    it can be done but not worth it. if you do pan on doing it, make sure only about 1/3 of the bowl is filled and when you put the foil on, make sure its flat/level at the top so that the foil isnt touching the herb. youll need a coal to be able to sit on top of the foil without it wanting to fall in. as you draw from the hooka, itll pull enough heat to vape the bud and go through its cycle.
    but like i said, the amount you have to use isnt worth it at all.