Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to Sleep without weed?!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DjMj, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Ive smoked for aproximatly 3-4years and in the last 6 months it has become an everyday thing and if not everyday then absolutly everynight to get to sleep. Now i find it extremly difficult to get to sleep without weed. And i dont want to go on sleep meds cuz then id get hooked on them and still be in the same situation. So any tips?

2. Warm milk

3. try taking a melatonin supplament. I get an all natural one at whole foods

4. Hot tea, exercise, don't eat within two hours of bed

5. only take a single hit before bed for a while it will give you enough of a buzz to help you sleep but you wont get high then just take smaller hits each night then stop it will be a little uncomfortable but thats how i stoped needing it to sleep

exercise is like food also dont do it right before bed or your body will be to active to sleep should wait like a hour

6. It's easy although weed does do a killer job.

7. [quote name='"GreyEclipse"']It's easy although weed does do a killer job.[/quote]

Lucky. Wish sleeping was easy for me.

I will chime in and also recommend melatonin supplements.

8. Bed time routine....

9. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

Lucky. Wish sleeping was easy for me.

I will chime in and also recommend melatonin supplements.[/quote]

It used to be a problem with me, I don't know what happened. I just always lay down and im out instantly nowadays.

10. Exercise, a good balanced diet and turn off any electrical appliances in your room before you sleep.

11. [quote name='"GreyEclipse"']

It used to be a problem with me, I don't know what happened. I just always lay down and im out instantly nowadays.[/quote]

My insomnia comes and goes. I could be fine for months. Or like how I am now with shit ability to sleep for weeks on end.

12. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

My insomnia comes and goes. I could be fine for months. Or like how I am now with shit ability to sleep for weeks on end.[/quote]

I honestly can't remember the last time I had to try to go to sleep. It's weird.

13. It's a gift :( I envy you.

14. That's why I started smoking everyday too. I'm averaging four to five hours per night since getting caught. And it sucks major big ones. I'm always effin tired :(

15. I had the same problem, but now it's reversed for this T-break. I have no issue going to bed, but I keep waking up at like 5am and can't get back to bed.

I'd say melatonin unless you consider that a sleep med (I get it if you don't want to take any pills, more power to you). Keep your bedtime consistent, too.

16. Eh, I've been smoking everyday for 7 or 8 months now, 3+ times a week for about a year. About 3 or 4 months into regularly smoking I noticed I couldn't get to sleep at night. What fixed it for me was a healthy diet, regular sleep schedule, and regular excercise.

17. I am so jealous of easy sleepers. 45 mins minimum to go to sleep (without smoking). With smoking, it's a few minutes at the most.

18. Beat your meat

19. Melatonin works for me.. Should be able to find it just about anywhere