How to set up Lights and Ballast (Important)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Younggungrower, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Hey guys... So, soon im going to be ordering a 400w ballast and a 400w MH bulb... Ive been looking ALL over youtube for a how to, setup video... Im just very confused on how you set these up... I mean were do you plud the bulb? i dont have a hood to screw it into, Im not sure if im making sence.. but if anyone can put this together and explain it to me, that would be great. THANKS!

Cheers, Chris!

2. You need to buy a hood also you put the bulb in the hood then you plug the hood into the ballas then plug the ballast into your timer then plug it in and your good to go.

3. Oh... thats simple xD allright. Guess ill go spend the extra cash. thanks brotha!

4. I just imagined you staring at a ballast, a fan, and a bulb trying to figure out where the fuck to put the light bulb. Seems like a simple enough part where it would be obvious enough but if you're short a hood or cool tube, it could take you a while!

5. Ok so the hood i found is just a regular 18" hood witha socket... no air cooled. I got a 120v fan at the boutom of my box blowing up, and two 120mm CPU fans stacked ontop of eachotehr for exaust. and im about about 80 degrees... What should i do if the MH bulb is going to be really hot? the light is 4100k