How To SCROG

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by trojangrower, Feb 9, 2019.

1. The leaves that don't look too good are on an autoflower at the front that's a lot smaller than the others started later, I fed it with same strength nutes as the big gals and gave it toxicity! But the main 2 have healthy leaves :love-mj2:

But yeah I have 80cm X 80cm tent with a 400w MH going to a 600W Plantastar HPS at flip ! I have a feeling I should probably leave them run a bit longer? Scrog net is 8" above medium

2. I lean heavily on LST to establish a manifold style profile but have finally begun experimenting with a screen; wire shelf suspended on chains in the first pic - shelving units acting as grow spaces (enclosed and lined with Mylar) in the second and third. IMG_20190602_055333.jpg IMG_20190601_151025.jpg IMG_20190531_065530.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sounds like you're all set. As long as you can accommodate height requirements so they don't get too close to that HPS I think you're golden! I wouldn't wait more than another week. Maybe give them a good defol this week, let them bounce back and then flip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I only place the trellis AFTER I switch the lights, sometimes I wait a week or more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. This one I trellised after about a week now? idk
    Its a bit different since I used a powergrower (waterfarm) and used 1/2" tubing to insert where the brown plugs were.
    That way I can still separate the reservoir from the (top) plant.
    upload_2019-6-25_10-58-17.png
    Here it is shown in the front
    upload_2019-6-25_10-57-30.png
    TopView
    upload_2019-6-25_10-59-14.png
    You can see in this next picture where I rigged the trellis to the 1/2" tubing. The trellis was placed very low and I split the main a little bit as a result.
    upload_2019-6-25_11-0-59.png
    I've not grown this strain so idk what it will do.

• Like Like x 3
  6. and here she is this morning...
    upload_2019-6-26_9-0-34.png
    hmmm... come to think of it, I don't even know if this is a girl (!)

• Like Like x 3
  7. I hope it is! Lol

Talk about a trellis! Make those girls work for that light

• Like Like x 2
  8. That's why I'm not doing anymore hydro on photo seeds until it goes through a round in coco. I'll stick to clones from now on in.
    Some have claimed that trellis is a light blocker. I think its perfect. I've worked with enough different material and plants and now realize the bud needs its own space, and those spaces are perfect. Also the plant needs no light 'down there', just above it. I was thihnking adding the 'sub canopy lighting' but am worried about the heat... and still need to order a 12V multi fan controller... and wire some more diodes.
    OK going back to work now!

• Like Like x 2
  9. I wasn’t being a critic on the trellis. I think it’s brilliantly simple. You’re right, I’m not too worried about much under the trellis line either.

What strain are you growing right now?

• Like Like x 1
  10. thanos og, freebies from ASBC

• Like Like x 2
  11. They have some pretty nice looking strains, at least from the pictures.

Prom date looks fire!

[​IMG]

One of my autos just started throwing pistils that are purple. I’d like to grow an exotic looking plant.

[​IMG].jpg[/IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. That is a crazy looking strain. Try the fem'd super lemon haze + maxibloom. That was very goood, at least the pheno I got. I ordered 10 more, gonna drop one soon; so nice to just need to drop 'one'.

• Like Like x 2
  13. My buddy has offered super lemon haze in the past, and it was too notch

I m asked for clippings, and was shot down. I should get some seeds

• Like Like x 1
  14. The taste/smell wasn't really notable, but it def is kick in the head weed. I had a reg ask me for something weaker lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Quality problems

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. its a boy pretty sure, really too bad looks so nice.
    I'll snap a pic tomorrow before i kill it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. yea its a boy, and he's dead now. Here's some pics prior to the massacre, too bad :/
    upload_2019-7-1_15-42-6.png
    upload_2019-7-1_15-43-4.png
    upload_2019-7-1_15-43-37.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. #59 StickyBudHound, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Hi trojangrower! Thanks for inviting me to show off my little scrog project on your thread. :coolalt:

I've been kicking around this idea in my head for some months now. I call it the "octascrog". Its still a work in progress. Not quite completed yet and a few changes and additions will be made to it but, it's built enough that you'll get the idea of what I'm doing and why.

20190707_124000.jpg

It has a 2' x 2' x 3/4" base with lockable full swivel caster wheels. This is for mobility purposes so I can pull it out of it's grow space if necessary for any reason and move it wherever I need to.

On top of that is another 2' x 2' x 3/4" board separated by a 12" lazy Susan. This holds the rest of the unit, including the scrog so I'll be able to turn the plant to be able to work on any side of it so I don't have to reach through, around over or under so i can get to any part of the plant with extreme ease.

Above the 2nd base board is a framework where a 2' x 2' plastic drip pan is located. Above that is a 2' x 2' steal grate painted with a rustoleum type of product. This is so I can catch run off and the grow bag isn't ever sitting in it at all. It also allows air to pass under the plant to eliminate possibilities of mold or other growth or rot occurring.

Though, not installed yet, I'll be adding a manifold training wire layout a few inches above the bag top. The purpose for that is obvious.

The sides are currently in place with one scrog top. However, that entire side/top is completely removable. The idea is that I'll use the base without the sides/top in the veg room and then roll it into the flower room and attach the sides/top. It will have multiple locations where I can place the scrog net initially and have the ability to adjust that initial level fairly easily and then add a second level if stretch goes a little beyond what I thought it would.

The octagon scrog pieces have 7 square feet of space. Unfortunately, in what will become my new flower room, 11' x 11', if I made them 3' x 3', I wouldn't be able to turn them or have 7 of them that I plan to have.

This will be part of my watering system. It's half inch PVC and will sit just inside the bag. A 2 gallon bucket with a bulkhead fitting will attach to it but will be able to be disconnected if the plant needs to be rotated. 20190408_222839.jpg 20190409_193551.jpg

That's about it. :) Welcome to my insanity. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. This is a wonderful project :) I'm glad you came to share it here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1