How to remove spider mites

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Beleaguer, Sep 25, 2014.

1. My plant is im veg state and I tried the vacuuming method but my leaves were ripping and I don't want to use water because it could ruin my plants.

Is there any other solution to this that won't harm the plant???

2. Find some hedge balls and scatter them around your site.. they repel spiders, cockroaches, water bugs and other kinds of unwanted pests. They last up to 6+ months too. September-October is a popular time to see them in the produce section for your local grocery store. We sell them at my store I know for sure. 

3. ladybugs. I use these and dont have to worry about pests. I got 1500 shipped for like 10 bucks. Also, release in waves before the sun is out...they will clear up the spider mites quickly.

4. I use a bug repellant spray that is intended for roses but it works and it smells like intense mint. That works for me . I noticed no more bugs on my plants what so ever besides bees. But bees are not my.problem

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Look into getting a sulfer burner.They hate the stuff. It's the only treatment that doesn't require spraying or using chemicals. Lady buds are nice but they won't ever be able to knock out a esatblished spider mite infestation.

6. They arent quite established. I only see 1-3 on the back of 3-4 leaves. I only have about 2 weeks left, should I worry? If so, should I just get ladybugs or would it be faster and safer to get some of the stuff you guys recommended?

7. You can order them, but they won't keep you from smoking mites. The sulfur, or spraying spinosad and/or Azamax are some of the only thing that will save your babies. Trust me, mites are a huge problem
    in my state. Ive battled them for years and learned what works and what doesn't nI brought home handfuls of ladybugs and bought packets like those you posted. They aren't enough. It might work for an indoor grow room, but outdoors the ladybugs will just go find an easier food source. Mites are like appetizers for them. Not very big or satisfying. Even if they do stay and munch some
    mites, it won't get rid of all of them.
    Smoking the mites isn't really the danger, as much as the damage they will do to your plants. They really effect yield, can cause mold, and kill entire plants.

8. #9 rain dancer, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    -Lady bugs

-dr bronners mint soap mixed with neem oil

-all else fails, hang a no pest strip per plant overnight with a bag covering plant.. Remove in the morning. Will only take a few nights.

Inside no pest strips are all you need. No sprays required. Eradicates and they wont come back.

-poke

9. Yea i am outdoors and I dont want to spend more than 10 dollars really, but like i said i only have 2 weeks or so left before harvest so what do you suggest that I buy? I see that the sulfur burner is up there in price... i need help..

10. I answered your question with a cheap solution.

11. I'm not going to use neem oil since it's already I'm veg state.

12. Is this supposed to make sense?

Because it really doesnt at all.

13. Beleager,if you are using Co2, bring the level up to kill status!just don't be in the room when you do it!!! Jackkphlash

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. IDK about you but I don't like smoking neem oil haha..
    I'm outside

15. Each ladybug can eat up to 50 mites a day. You can buy in large amounts, I buy in 1500 or 3000. They will work on existing spider mites and are cheap. 

16. Spray them with Spinosad or Azamax. Both will kill the mites. Add a squirt of bio degradable dish soap to the mix. Soap will kill the live mite and the spinosad and Azamax will kill the eggs and other bugs. They are safe to use up to days prior to harvest.

17. Dude ur going to smoke the bugs anyways bro...u led the horse to the watering hole that was dry bro....let the plant go...u wanna smoke bugs be my guest. Best advise is run plants in shower drench top to bottom whack the bitch down shake vigorously hang each branch upright. The mites will merge to form a pile on the tip of the stem the highest point. Away from gravity. So whack every leaf off hang upside down. When mites pile up cut stem off they are on and rehang. U are gonna be smoking bug poo bro. Lady bugs???? Sure bro smoke some ladybug poo and sex gizz bro!!! Have at it... I don't get mites......gnats yeah this year...but they only bug u flying around. Their larvae sucks badly but the are in the rootzone. Maintained plants don't get pests bro..I saw the gnats and let it get out of hand. Neem oil/sea kelp/molasses/dawn in spray bottled ph to 6... Spray top to bottom until heavy runoff. Spray pot plant stem container media Everything.. They add neem cakes to soil during processing..