Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to Reduce the Negative Effects of Weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 0226bamboozled, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Hey GC, lately I'm finding the negative effects of weed to be not worth it and need some advice. I usually smoke everyday but the last few weeks I've been taking 5 days off and then burning for like 3 days then repeating because I felt like it was controlling my life.

Anyways its become clear to me that when I take these breaks I'm not as tired all the time, I'm a lot more social, and I have less anxiety. I would really like to continue to smoke during school because its awesome after a long day but the burnout, groggy feeling the next morning, increased anxiety, and slower brain are effects that I really am getting tired of.

My question is, if I buy a one hitter and just take a couple hits as opposed to smoking a whole joint, would this help reduce the side effects? I also usually smoke 3 joints a night when I'm not on a break if that matters. And if anyone who's gone through this has any other tips that would be greatly appreciated! I love the herb and really want to be able to enjoy it for a while to come.

2. let your high settle before tokin again. when you smoke when your already high chances are your gunna burn hard (which aint always bad) or start to zone out. even if your high only lasts 1hr. waiting is key. its not like drinkin. it better

3. Smoke bong not joints

4. Almost sounds to me like you're smoking in a lot of weed without your body realising. I suggest just start by smoking 1 joint less a few times and see how you feel..

-EDIT-
    hoppka47 has the right idea.

5. I would suggest getting some glass. It's different than joint high.

6. honestly i prefer one hitters all day long, taking a few rips each time, and having a nice buzz the whole day... not like a stoned high

7. buy yourself a bowl man. and the one hitter. it's unwise financially and for your tolerance to be smoking three joints a night, especially if you're not digging the after effects.

8. Thanks for the advice! I went out and got a one hitter for $5, and I took 2 hits out of it and I was pretty high. I think I will use this quite a bit because I didn't get too burnt out after, but nothing beats a joint sometimes there just so chill. I am probably going to start smoking once a night, because I think doing it 3 times a night is somewhat overkill, and I hope that will help reduce the burnout and groggy feeling the next morning.

9. You should quit for at least a month,and compare your life to smokin and not smokin,you maay find out a few things about yourself..You do not have to smoke weed to be cool.
    If I were you,I would prolly just quit,but keep a bud around to unwind with once in awhile.You should buckle down and concentrate 100% on school.Then you can think straight and feel good.

10. Have you considered vaporizing? I notice a lot of these tired/lazy/slow effects from smoking, but not necessarily vaping.

11. Yea I've owned 2 vapes before and I like them, but when I have a vape around all I want to do is sit around and vape all day. I just end up using more bud vaping all day.

12. if you are facing joints everyday, then ya that one-hitter will do you wonders.
    youre just getting too stoned, which is causing the negative effects.

13. I find if I exercise regularly maybe like the recommended 20-30 mins a day just long-boarding or something my high is less anxious and a lot more enjoyable, it gets your adrenaline and a lot of other neurotransmitters that smoking weed depresses to get flowing again, chug a fat glass of some fruit juice, all the sugar would probably help the same part of your brain start functioning normally again and stop the burnout. Besides that get a vape, I wouldn't even call coming down off a vape a burnout.

14. my opinion.... smoking too much..... 3 joints a night is pretty over the top... i been smoking on and off for nearly 20 years now.... and rarely if ever smoked 3 joints in one evening unless I was with friends... but soem of my friends would smoke 24/7 like have a joint in their mouth all day every day if they could... haha and if you looked at them you can tell they are not taking care of themselves. You need to take care of your body.... excercise and get a good diet..... smoking unless for medicinal reasons does not need to drag you down... life is beautiful high or not so learn to enjoy it.... my advice get soem friends who are not weed smokers ..... then you can have smoking friends and friends to do stuff without smoking, it is what I do.