Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to reduce everyday smoking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DanKnStickyy, Oct 22, 2013.

1. What are some tips for slowly lowering how much marijuana you use? I have been an everyday smoker for several years now and I find it harder to gain an appetite and sleep when i'm not using enough cannabis. I'm trying to be more comfortable while not medicating but I deal with a lot of anxiety and depression as well as eating and sleeping disorders.

Any and all tips appreciated!  :smoke:

2. Do you smoke multiple times every day? Maybe you could start by cutting it down to once a day. Or if it's only once a day you can try limiting it to every two days and go from there. As someone who deals with a lot of depression and anxiety sometimes I know how much it sucks. Why don't you want to smoke every day anyway? Doesn't it help with the anxiety majorly?

3. In my experience there's a couple ways to go about it. You could teeter off, slowly lowering your amount day by day. You could also just go cold turkey in which I suggest getting as much exercise as possible..
    It's kind of like replacing habits, when you feel like smoking, go work out instead

It helps me so much, and makes my life 10 times better, just for the time being I need to reduce how much I use because the place I am currently working doesn't support my choice of medicine and I can't risk losing my income! I'v been trying to reduce it to a toke when I wake up and after work / before I go to bed. 

5. #5 SixthSen5e, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    I don't think there is any easy way. You just have to do it, and commit to it. I here you when you say it helps, just be discreet about it. Toke before you leave home, then toke after work. If you can leave work peremisses and toke up without causing yourself to look too stoned or smell etc. when on break then try that.

Otherwise just quit cold turkey. It is hard. But sometimes you have to do things that are hard or things that you don't want to do. Try to preoccupy yourself with other activities, the first few days are the most difficult.

5coooob :smoke:

6. Well it sounds like you have a job so i assume you're not toking while you're at work? or do you work from home? The best way to start is limit yourself to once a night. Toke after work, to relax. Like having a beer to destress. Your tolerance will go down which will be nice. Just work your back up slowly. You dont have to be high all the for MJ to have medicinal effects. Two times a day and you'll be golden. 

7. JUST SAY NO, remember?

8. Why would u ever want to do that ??
    I mean u just said urself it helps u with lots of stuff in ur daily life so why make life harder by stopping !
    We only live once enjoy it man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I find that whenever I take a trip for 2-3 days or more, and don't bring or seek and ganj, it is easier to stop because I do not have access to it.  After those couple days of not smoking, I will usually change my mentality from "I'm gonna blaze whenever I have free time" to "I think Ill just blaze with friends, maybe cut back a little."

If that doesn't work, you can always try waning yourself off of it.  Start measuring out the amounts that you smoke a day, and cut down by like .1 every day.  I hope that your willpower will overcome this dilemma, because some people like my friend need to be caught by the police to stop haha.... that's the only way he got himself to stop, and then he just replaced it with hitting the gym every day. 

10. Our hope down with dope :D

11. MJ increases the quality of my life no doubt, I'm just trying to cope with not going to work so medicated anymore because it's starting to piss off the people i'm working for. They told me I'm one of their hardest workers but "I need to find a different way to cope with my struggles, because they don't want people looking down on the company" 

Sucks I am being judged for my medicine, I never goof off at work, I give everything my best effort, and I do everything that is asked by my bosses , but I can't do anything about it, it's their company, I must comply with their rules until I find another way to support myself.

:bongin:

12. I've been smoking everyday since 2008 which sprung from my first hit in high school my senior year in 2003, Over the period of five years my use increased from occasional parties and get togethers to only on the weekends to only at night and then to no limits. I slowly became a "pothead".

Now there's users, abusers, addicts and potheads. I label myself as a pot head for the following reasons: I smoke from the time I wake up until the time I fall asleep, I smoke the entire rillo until its like 1/4 inch small, I save my roaches, I can't eat without smoking and I can't sleep without it either. According to my research... all point dexterish... there's no such thing as a chemical addiction to cannibus, it's only pyschological. I think that building up this habit over the years is so difficult to kick because of all the time spent in obtaining it. You add that to personal problems: depression, anxiety, etc and you make it very hard to quit.

I constantly tell myself I'm going to quit almost every day. I wish to reduce my use so I can make better use of my time, prepare my body for a baby and focus more on my planting that using. What I believe will really help you, me or any one else is to have conviction. If you truly believe that what you're doing isn't right, not in a moral sense because I do not think there is anything morally wrong with smoking, but as far as work goes and your income. If you truly believe that you should not smoke as much because of the environment you choose to live in then you will make yourself aware of the problem and start cleansing. If you really do not believe then you wont change. It's that simple. In order to change our actions we have to change our attitudes. If you continue with the attitude that smoking is okay, will not cause harm to your (work) relationship, etc then you will not have conviction or the awareness needed in order to make the change.

13. Dude I would totally be looking for another job like right away , but I do agree with the fact studying (schooling) and work don't need to have much weed involved . Abit here and there on stressful days sure but not all day errrday!

But yeah start looking for another job as they don't seem to be willing to keep u around much longer as they r starting the old "reasons why u should get fired" type deal . Depending on ur local state laws u could sue them if they fire u for using ur meds . (As long as it wasnt on their time , meaning u only get high during ur lunch hour or before or after work)

14. Start out by limiting the number of times you pick up a week to once a week, then as you get used to that and figure out how to ration it to last you the whole week, then slowly start picking up smaller amounts. Doing that you will cut down on how many times you smoke up and how much you use when you do, and still be comfortable while doing so. Another thing you can do is put away money into a savings account so you have less money on hand to spend on trees, and because most savings accounts take a couple days for withdrawals to go through, it's a fail safe way to prevent unnecessary pick ups and smoking up your stash too fast. Not to mention the many benefits of saving and managing your finances.

Smart financial advise! Thanks for the input! :smoke:

16. if you have a scale, use it! i dusted mine off recently because im in a very similar boat and am finding it hard to find an appetite without burning, i mean everything tastes better right?! haha, ive started weighing out my daily portoins and to be honest im enjoying it! i know almost exactly how much its going to last, if i get the urge to smoke more i just tell myself that i can wait a few more hours until the next sesh and just stay busy. plus if i need to budget an extra week or two, i just adjust weight. hope it helps!

17. spend 1-2 weeks smoking only from a little 1 hitter (those mini cigarete looking ones that hold a tiny hit).  you will be suprised how stoned you get from 1 or 2 of those and you dramatically cut down the usage amount.  then go back to a small bowl after and you will certainly be happy.  10yr smoker here.

18. #18 fatcuz1234, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    Are they going to drug test, I don't get why your company is mad at you for blazing unless you blase at work?

19. I reccomend taking a day off, and to stat of your first hit, assuming in the morning, just take on big hit and see what that does for ya. Also indica tends to hit me harder and medicate me alot better than sativa, if that's an option for you.

20. If you really want to quit just quit cold turkey and get through three days, then you'll be fine. If you simply want to lessen the amount of weed you smoke put your weed for each day in a ziploc bag then only smoke that much weed each day.