How to quit poppers, a non-assholes guide.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by AlyJML, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Room fresheners....haha. Guess that cured the shit smell in the air for the butt pirates

2. I'm from Canada and this really helped me man thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1

3. Day two for me... 3:48 am...
    You are definitely right about withdrawal affecting sleep patterns, not feeling tired at all.
    But needed this little push. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  4. Turd pincher

5. U need to be educated to quit? I have been able to quit all drugs and alcohol at one time or another! I have a family member that can't! Really makes me wonder if I'm alien??

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been experiencing just as you mentioned, looking for advice and it being described as “disgusting”. I KNOW IT IS! That’s why we seek desperately to stop.
    Truly, if I am that ONE person your post helps, I am beyond grateful. I have been able to do the 2 days-ish and by the second afternoon, I am literally, a ball of despair crying on the bedroom floor. But I just have to push a little farther! I just didn’t know what to expect and the beginning is the worst. I went on a trip last year (3 weeks) - went thru all that detox and couldn’t wait to hit it again as soon as I got home . If only I had then, but that is in the past. I have new hope, THANK YOU!

7. Actually, you are one of the few that don’t develop an addiction. BBC news has an amazing video on why some people develop addictions and others do not. Fascinating. Neuroscience is incredible!!!! Our brains! Incredible!

• Like Like x 2
  8. For some reason, in my experience, “poppers” (bong - weed and cigs) have an incredibly evil hold, whereas you’re able to just enjoy what you enjoy. I feel like a slave to these things. Maybe you feel a slave to cigarettes? It’s awful isn’t it? I don’t want to be enslaved to these things.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I believe the main point is that if you are enslaved to a substance, whatever it is, you lose control. Eventually. I used to be able to separate. I am a Registered Nurse. I KNOW better, I SAW what it was doing.....BUT could not stop. I used to call myself a “high-functioning” addict. Not anymore. It will, inevitably, cause problems to livelihood.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oh what a struggle it is, I’m so sorry that you had to endure it so long; and thank you for sharing your story. I thought I was the only one that looked at those cigarettes! Honestly, it makes you feel just awful. So needy of it that I would look at soaked, used cigarettes with longing! Yikes! I always try to remind myself, “I am not missing out on that cigarette, it doesn’t do anything. And that person is a slave to it. So I don’t want to go back to that.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Um, that first one is a weird side effect....wonder why that happens.

12. So poppers are weed and tobacco right? U arnt talking about c02 right? So I smoke at least a 1/8 a day every day!! Wax and edibles. Cigars too. So that's kinda a popper. So maybe just smoke cig seprerate. I just could never mix those two because I don't inhale cigars. What an awful mix anyways. I remember when I was a kid we would smoke primos but not with the tobacco but weed!! Primos is crack and weed lollll

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. i used to smoke weed with tobacco ,,but gave up baccy after my heart op ...so i gave up baccy ,,nothing like a fright to give some thing up but i still smoke weed ,,but never with baccy ..baccy is a real dog to give up ,but i needed the fright like my heart to make me give up baccy ,,mac,

• Like Like x 3
  14. So sorry about your heart Mac. Truly, we are all headed that way if we don’t stop. In some way or another, the heart pays for baccy :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. #35 mactheman, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    heart seems fine after having a quadruple heart by pass 19 years ago ,had no trouble best operation ive ever had ,,i actually gave up baccy the day i went in to hospital ,tobacco is deadly,,wish i could have given up years before i had heart trouble or never started smoking ,,,mac,,

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. I can totally relate to this as I am struggling to quit my 1.5 year addiction to poppers....as someone who's smoked weed and cigarettes for over a decade, poppers really are addicting. I have no appetite anymore, no motivation, feel groggy and shitty in the morning. But I really just can't stop, I have crippling anxiety and the poppers are so very effective at helping me numb out. I quit for 3 weeks in September and felt so good but then I let myself have a few poppers to "treat myself" and am deep in my popper addiction again. Any realistic tips for getting through the first week or two without my comfort blanket of poppers? Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I’ve never been a tobacco user (thank god!), but in my experience regular cannabis users have to guard themselves from starting that habit. Primarily this is due to the need to conceal the fact that you smoke cannabis. Say you are at work or school and you take a break to smoke a bowl or joint. You can wash your hands, suck on a breath mint, change clothes, whatever and you’ll still smell like you’ve just smoked cannabis. But finish that joint and then light up a cigarette and the tobacco quickly and effectively covers the smell of cannabis on your breath and clothing. Maybe that’s why so many people began blending together cannabis and tobacco, to conceal what you’re doing?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. I smoked a bowl yesterday outside and my wife smelled it inside, then I lit a cigarette right after and she said it was like "weed then cigarette like I was trying to cover it up." It didn't cover it up, two distinct smells. She's got the nose of a bloodhound though so maybe the average person couldn't tell? I don't know but I don't think tobacco covers weed smell.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Popper is what we (in the south) call spliffs. I used to smoke tobacco, but mixing the two was a nope. Try vaping then ween your way off. Worked for me.