How to quit poppers, a non-assholes guide.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by AlyJML, Dec 2, 2018.

1. #1 AlyJML, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    How to quit smoking poppers. (Canadians way of saying weed and tobacco)

This guide is for people who feel like there is no hope in quitting. Addiction regardless if it’s tobacco or heroin is all addiction and should be treated as such. Most forums will tell you otherwise, but that isn't the case.

First thing to recognize is all of the symptoms you are expecting to feel when quitting, you probably won’t. I didn’t quit for 4 years because I had convinced myself my anxiety would be so bad all i would experience is panic attacks and anxiety.. This was not the case at all.

Everyone of course reacts differently, but there is a huge difference between smoking 3 cigarettes in a day from poppers and smoking a pack a day and then some. Although it seems like a lot, your body will not have as strong of a time letting go of the nicotine because there just truthfully isn’t that much in your system to begin with..

Will power is your number one friend and enemy when quitting. You will need to be able to have the will power to throw away your cigarettes, and put away or get rid of all of your smoking devices. You may think you’ll be able to quit poppers by just smoking weed, however nicotine kills your ability to get high with weed.. so you will most likely end up smoking, not feeling high and just wishing you had smoked a popper. Which will lead to intense cravings, so my advice would be quit both for a week and then slowly introduce JUST weed itself again.

Having someone with you , who can take you out of your house is very important as well. Ask a friend or family member to take a day or two off work (or wait until they have a day or two off work to quit) just make sure you set a date, and stick to it. If you are just sitting in the same spot where you are used to smoking poppers you will constantly have the feeling of wanting to sit down and smoke a popper. Leaving the house for the first 2 days will make the transition easier, and having someone to help you not cave and revert back to your old ways helps.. a lot.

not everyone has the option though to ask a friend or family member to help them, this doesn’t mean anything changes, leaving the house is still the best option.. Just perhaps do something that doesn’t require more than one person.. a simple walk to a store or coffee shop can kill enough time to pass the intense cravings.

Day 1 and 2 will be the worst, these are the days you will need to be most resilient for.. doing anything and everything to distract yourself because the whole time you will be like “i could really smoke right now”.. expect a lot of emotions you aren’t used to, for instance crying or being very irritable.. as well as sleep will be very strange. You will sweat quite a lot.. And even though most people say you gain an appetite you may experience for the first few days that you can’t eat much of anything… And things after the 3rd day will start tasting very strange. You may find your favourite foods no longer taste like your favourite foods.. not to be alarmed you will go back to a normal palette but this is your chance to taste foods you normally would hate, because the nicotine is no longer there to mess up how food tastes for you… for regular cigarette smokers they have so much nicotine in their system, their body doesn’t fully realize its withdrawing until day 3 on, however, with poppers as mentioned before you don’t have that much nicotine in your system. By day 3 it will be entirely gone , and a large majority of the intense cravings will also be gone. You just need to be strong for the first 3 days.

You will begin experiencing a lot of things you haven’t since you began smoking.. lack of anxiety , bursts of motivation that weren’t there prior. A different outlook on life, you may even find you are disgusted by the thought of smoking a popper just after a few days of quitting.

You are googling how to quit smoking poppers because you feel like the addiction is so hard to beat, you have no idea where to start on your own. Realize the only person who has control over this, is you. If you doubt your ability to quit, the chance you are to give up on yourself is greater. If you truly want to quit, think of all the reasons why you don’t want to smoke anymore. Whether it be from losing a lot of weight, always having headaches, the taste being gross, constantly getting throat infections, having major anxiety, the list goes on and on for reasons why you should quit, there isn’t very many reasons why you should continue…

This wasn’t meant to be preachy, I googled how to quit poppers when i wanted to quit as well. All i could find was a bunch of people shaming saying “popper addiction” isn’t real, when it is all too real.. Had i of found any advice, I probably would of quit sooner than 4 years… so even if this helps even one person get off the habit of smoking poppers than I was successful in what I wanted to achieve.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. I don't really get the attraction to mixing weed and tobacco. Prime reason being they are smoked differently. I'll admit I didn't read everything you posted but just smoke the two separately and if you're not a smoker quit the tobacco, but I guess you'd kinda have to be by definition. Quit the poppers and just smoke weed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Poppers mean something else here in the US..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Addiction you keep using that word. I don't think you know what it means. Haha i am just trolling.
    BUT seriously when you throw around the A word i think it would be better if you define what addiction means TO YOU.
    If someone sucks dick for a cigarette then yeah that person is addicted to cigarettes.
    If someone loses their job because of cigarettes then yeah that person is addicted to cigarettes.
    See where i am coming from?

For me addiction is when you really fuck up you life due to something you do.

So keep fucking up your lungs as long as it does not fuck up your life?

Arc

5. Man I wish I never started.

I initially did because I thought hell mix half tobacco half weed and I’ll get twice the rips...
    Three years later still doing it. Haven’t tasted just green in so long.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tobacco is the fuckin devil...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. You grow your own weed correct? Why would mix tobacco & weed in a bowl if you grow.. it's not like you're going to be short on weed lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I just happen to notice you on a few of the same threads today lol. You need a total over haul friend! lol ;) You need to move and quit that nicotine! I smoked cigs for 37 years! Yuk! If you are smoking weed, you'll be okay without the other. :)

9. Go pure. Not mixed it in years, why ruin a great product with something disgusting that causes cancer.

10. Silly Canadians.
    Poppers are an inhalant used in the bar-clubs back in the day and is usually Amyl Nitrate or a close relative of.
    Amyl Nitrate Poppers

Quote::
    Poppers are all about nitrates, that's what does the trick. But before you pop, you take your pick. Amyl nitrate, butyl nitrate, isobutyl nitrate. They are all in the alkyl nitrate family of compounds. All the alkyl nitrates act on the body in nearly identical fashion, but isobutyl nitrate is the most potent of them all. Amyl nitrate is sometimes thought to be more potent, but it is actually less potent. It was chosen over isobutyl nitrite to treat heart ailments simply because it's cheaper to manufacture.

Amyl nitrate was discovered in 1857, and it used to be used for the treatment of angina. It was packed in thin glass vials, which were crushed to release the volatile nitrate. Common street names include amyl nitrate, amyl poppers, poppers, Rush, snappers or liquid gold.

Amyl nitrate usually comes in small, mesh-covered ampules that are popped or snapped to release the vapors. Butyl nitrate is sold in small bottles in "head shops" or in special stores advertised as a room odorizer or liquid incense. the perception of time is also altered.

End Quote::

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Over here gays use them. Opens up the bum hole and gives a head rush.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. In the 80s and 90s it was all you could smell if you ventured out on a dance floor, didn't matter if it was a straight or gay club. Seemed like every other person on the floor was clutching a bottle of the stuff.

BNW

13. @AlyJML
    To your original question I wish you the best of luck. As a recovering Cigarette smoker of over 40 years I can tell you that Nicotine is the toughest to kick most addictive substance I've EVER encountered.
    I was more or less forced into quitting when I was Hospitalized for 3 weeks. Was no way my wife was going to let me pick them back up once I got home.
    The first 3 months I'd see a butt laying in the gutter and think damn that's long enough to pick up and get a few drags off of and was all I could do NOT to bend over and snatch it up.
    The next 3 months were not quite as bad but I still wanted to pick them up and cuddle them.
    The 7th to 12th month I would still follow someone smoking just to get some second hand smoke as I still found the smell intoxicating.
    The second year after quitting I'll still get hit out of the blue with the sudden urge to light one up and actually reach in my pocket for a pack I'd long stopped carrying.
    Even into the 3rd year I'd smell somebody smoking and think DAMN that smells so good.
    Been 8 years now and I don't care one way or the other when I pass a smoker but I can smell them 50 yards away now and think WOW did I reek that bad when I smoked?

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Smoked 3 packs a day for 25 years took cantex for 5 days and have not had or wanted a cigarette in 10 years

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

15. Lmao as @Father Ted said gay people still use them over here to open up the Chocolate alley... They did get banned with the legal highs law but they just renamed them as room fresheners ect to get round it

My friend used to do them for a buzz he used to always say he got a headache after doing it lol

16. Chocolate alley lol. Start a new thread funny names for bumhole - poopflute and shitbox are my fave.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lmao shitter & fartbox are good 1s

18. i've mixed cigarello tobacco ( tobacco in blunt wraps, blue games or blue optimos to be exact) with my weed for the past year or so now, it's a horrible habit, expecially when you take .5 mixed half with weed and half with bac daily. anyway, i've been off off mooks/chop hits/poppers for the past month or so, knowing that i'm obviously not the only one that has gone through this definetly helps me stay motivated to keep away, so thanks for making this thread.
    addiction is when you have dependance on a drug and withdrawl mentally/physically without it, no?
    i completely get where you're coming from, but i don't agree that you have to fuck up your life and be on a subtance frequently to be counted/known/labeled as an addict, i like to think that there's such a thing as a low-high functioning addict, some people have better control over their addictions than others and are able to keep it seperated from their personal life. it sounds like you've blamed addiction on lots of problems in the past, just by the way you talked about it in this post, but who am i to say that though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. LOL!

20. I thought weed+tobacco was called a spliff. I only smoke spliffs because it saves weed and i dont like to get super high. My problem isnt the 2 spliffs i smoke a day, its the 15 cigarettes