Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to put out a joint and save it for another time

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by skillzthatkillz, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Wait....you're saying you light a joint and then you don't finish it ?

....I.....I.....uh......

2. Usually i would just roll one you are going to finish? But i guess you could lick your finger and put it out if you have to. Ive done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #43 RussianSpaceSkeleton, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    I know some of the THC is lost because the joint burns longer with this method, but what I do is press it against the ashtray as usual (without crushing your joint, of course), just enough to make the tip as flat as possible, and then put it into an empty box of M&M's Minis (where I usually keep one or two unlit joints as well).

It will burn for a while longer, but it will go out as soon as the oxygen inside the container is depleted. I'd say it takes about 30 secs for the cherry to go out. I've tested it, and at the end of 30 seconds I can pretty much feel no heat from the cherry, even when touching it.

I like using this method because I don't like pressing my joint too hard in the ashtray for fear of crushing it, and I always make a mess when I try to put it out using my fingers.

What I also like to do is to always put the box with the joint's mouthpiece facing down for a few seconds. It prevents the joint from burning the plastic and I suppose it makes the heat move away from the joint (up) instead of into it, cooling it faster.

4. I usually smoke it all the way to the end, but if I do only wanna smoke a bit, I just grab the end and pull the heater out and it's out. That's it.

\ /

5. These are all answers to a question that was asked in 2009

6. #46 Osiris08, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    I typically smoke it till I'm done. But I'm pretty sure I'm the only person I know that just pokes it with my finger lightly to reduce the ember, then let it sit for about 10 seconds. It goes out and nothing gets wasted. But again... just save some for later and roll less. Dont roll what you dont need. Its a waste. I've been smoking every day for the vast 4 years, and I'm loving life.

WARNING: I have no feeling in my fingers so it doesn't hurt me to put my joint out that way. So he careful. I use my finger so that i can control what gets put out. And I've been smoking for almost 15 years.

7. really should be a "semi-lock" on threads older than 5 years. Mod approval for it to actually post and be bumped. SMH.