How To purge BHO No Vacuum Video

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by wrestle125, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Check it out How to Make BHO for DumbF****

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd2nht-Dk0k&feature=plcp]How To Make BHO For DUMBF**** (How To Purge Without Without Vacuum) - YouTube[/ame]

let me know what you think. Hopefully this will help stopping ignorant people from smoking unpurged stuff that don't own vacuums.

2. And just how is this related to "Advanced Growing Techniques", the topic of this forum?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Does opening and closing a tightvac container several times with my oil in it ...purge it?

4. no it would purge it a little but not enough pressure to get all the butane out

5. I think blasting into a small amount of iso works pretty well..

6. whats the point of doing that? The more natural the oil the better why add iso?

7. It cuts down purge time by quite a bit. Granted, you still have to evaporate the iso, but this can also be sped up with a hair dryer.

8. ^^^lol at person who said speed up evap with a hair dryer? Surely your joking. Nobody in their right mind should ever use a hair dryer for anything cannabis related?!? Please don't give people really, really terrible advice. If anyone actually believes you they are going to ruin their whole batch of oil.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Honestly I have never used either, but I would rather use a blow dryer set up with hot air, an let it blow on the already evaped butane(not highly flammable still), I've heard of people placing in an oven(left open) on as low as possible. Wich I bet if u left too long heat from the oven would hurt the bho.
    I don't see a hair dryer getting too hot it'd burn your bho. (why is a blow dryer so funny?)
    I've always just let my oil bubble normal for at least a few hours, then place the Pyrex plate in warm water from the tap. And let it sit for at least an hour. I recently got a brake bleeder kit thing wich works ok... Pulls up to 25. But recently the plastic .p.o.s handle broke and now it's a pain to purge, so back to hot water baths for me. Might try out the hair dryer. I've heard of a few people using them on hot setting.

10. your video is private
    :cool::cool::cool:

11. #12 wrestle125, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
    I know my bad that channel will now be dedicated to only sg

Edit- video is back up fuck dedicating my channel. It's mine I can do what I want ! :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  12. pretty standard bho extraction with the big no no that is whipping to create budder at the end. not my cup of tea but hey some folks like budder. i just prefer my erlz to be stable and not oxidizing before my very eyes.

13. Want a video on how to vac purge and make shatter? This is just bho extraction anyone can do, not everyone has a chamber, electric vac, etc... Felt this method was more universal obv this isn't the best method it's the easiest...

14. Couple of things for the newbies. This guy said PVC pipe makes a good tube. DO NOT use anytype of plastic. I can't say specifically for PVC, but I do know butane can dissolve certain plastics. Even if butane doesn't disolve pvc, pvc is a porious matterial which means butane will get into the pores while it's liquid, expand to a gas, and break the pvc appart getting bits of plastic in your oil. The only things you want to use for a blasting tube is glass, or stainless steel.

This guy grinds up all his bud. If you're busting it up with your fingers it's not a big deal, but if you're using a grinder there's a chance you're going to be breaking up the plant matterial small enough that it'll slip through your screen, and taint your oil. If you keep your buds at about the size of marbles there's no chance of that.

For some reason this guy is constantly whipping his oil while it's purging. This does not help extract butane, it only makes it more difficult for the butane to escape since you're turning the oil from a liquid sap into a solid wax trapping gases in place. If you want budder there's nothing wrong with that, but ultimately you should be creating a fully purged shatter, and turning that into budder.

• Like Like x 1
  15. This.

Pretty much all the chemical resistance charts I've looked at seem to suggest that PVC is chemically resistant to butane so folks should do their own research and make up their own mind. Personally, I wouldn't risk using PVC since I have no clue what I other materials could be in the plastic and there could b something in there that is affected by butane. Just get a stainless steel turkey baster if you don't wanna drop the cash on a glass extraction tube.

Seriously tho +1 at what freakish said.

16. Why did you whip it into budder? If you dont have a vac all you need is a double boiler setup and a small torch to get rid of the butane. (with smaller batches)

17. IMO the first run should be large chunks of bud or whole buds for quality, then do a second run after emptying and repacking the tube to get the rest of the trichs.

18. Really wish you didnt have that terrible song playing the whole video

19. If your doing batches under 10g. The best way to purge absolutely every bit of butane, is to pre heat a Pyrex dish on low for about 5 mins, then grab your glass extractor from the freezer. Go out side blast and blast your weed. Bring your Pyrex dish back on the stove top on low, scrape it all together in one side. Then grab a paper clip or something and slowly agitate the oil for about 20 min, or until there is absolutely no bubbles coming out of the oil. To avoid over heating he oil bring it off the element every 5 mins for 1 min then back on. Then place the dish in the freezer, grab a razor blade and scrape up some pure BHO