Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Properly Smoke

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by havingfun, Feb 22, 2010.

1. So I'm a beginner smoker, most smokes have been solo.

Have been some smoking situations in groups where blunts r being passed. I usually use pipes on my own, so my blunt game is new.

Anyway, I see some people holding in smoke for an exorbitant amount of time, I use to always do about 3-4 seconds and blow out but a few people now commented on me saying I need to hold it in longer & I will get much higher (i guess they see a large cloud of smoke when i exhale out so maybe my problem is exhaling SLOWER not inhaling LONGER?)

What's the "proper" technique to inhale?

Take a hit, breath it in deep, hold in lungs for 5-10 secs, slowly exhale so only small amounts of smoke come out at a time?

2. You only need to hold it for 5-7 seconds. Your lungs absorb all the THC after that time, so holding it in longer is just doing unneeded damage to your lungs.

3. There's no realize to exhale slowly. Though there is much discussion over how long you should hold in a hit for. Everyone will tell you something different, but I doubt you need to hold it in for 10 seconds.

4. the kids your hanging out with are "ghosting" their hits, which means holding it in till the smoke evaporates, and exhaling less smoke. this wont get you any higher, but it will deprive your brain on oxygen giving you a light headed feeling.

to properly smoke, just draw smoke into your mouth, inhale fresh air (you should feel the smoke in your lungs) then hold about 3-5 seconds, then exhale/repeat. most of the thc in smoke is absorbed within the first couple seconds, after that your just killing brain cells.

5. hehe. Well in that case do your brain cells regenerate? Can you still lose brain cells by holding in hits, lets say with a vaporizer?

6. Brain cells don't grow back.

7. QFT. Your born with a certain number, thats it. but as far as vapes go im sure its a wee bit safer considering your not replacing oxygen with smoke from a cigar, instead just THC vapor.

8. yes, you would lose cells by holding in vape hits
    it's not the smoke or the weed that's killing your brain cells, it's just the fact that it's being deprived of oxygen, which kills your brain cells

9. #9 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    You have to hold your breathe for a while too lose brain cells. But simply because it's smoke, it goes stale quickly(chemicals are absorbed quickly through smoke, so no need to hold it for longer then 5 seconds), and damages your lungs in the long term. The WORST type of smoke is blunt smoke, IMHO, because your smoking unfiltered tobacco. Joints in comparison are not as dangerous as blunts.
    Search for something called The comprehensive guide to smoking from various paraphenalia. Or something like that. Anyway it describes how to use anything from a joint blunt up to a vaporizer.

10. inhale smoke, then fresh air until your lungs are full without letting the smoke out. Hold it in your lungs for 3-4 seconds. Exhale 30% of your hit and breathe in fresh air until your lungs are full. Then, exhale 60% of your hit and breathe in air. Then exhale all of it. I saw or read this somewhere that had a doctor explaining how this is the most efficient way to smoke:)

11. 1. You would pass out and automatically take a breath LONG before your brain cells started to die from lack of oxygen.

2. It is possible for brain cells to regenerate. In fact, a synthetic form of one of the cannabinoids in marijuana has shown to stimulate brain cell growth.

Actually, you are generating brain cells rapidly until the age of three, after that, they do grow, but not as fast as they die.

Seriously people, know your shit before you start throwing out facts.

12. Better yet use the search button. I have read this a thousand times, over and over and over. Please do not tell me "how to properly smoke" when you say you are a beginner, it just makes no sense.

13. because im bored and dont feel like finishing my paper here you go OP

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprenti...uide-smoking-using-various-paraphernalia.html

enjoy

14. yet another useless thread in here with a plethora of wrong information. there is no reason to hold it any more at 2 or 3 seconds, you wont get any higher. there is also not a singal legitimate study done that shows that weed kills brain cells, there is actually more evidence that it helps regrow neurons than there is about it killing brain cells.

15. you shouldnt really inhale the smoke for any longer than 5-7 seconds cause it doesnt make you higher, it just fucks your lungs up even more and deprives your brain of oxygen! dnt listen to your friends.

16. Welcome dude! Looks like your original question got answered, so to that I will just add that I seem to do about 4 seconds naturally so I just go with that! Never had any complaints...

I remember feeling awkward and out of place back when I started smoking. I like to know the etiquette and customs of something before I get involved with it, so it was challenging for me.

Pick up the book "Pot Culture." It is an amazing crash course in what to do, how to do it, what to say, how to say it, etc... Complete customs and vocabulary for new people. Wish I had it when I started. Pretty soon all your friends will be asking you questions!

17. Thank you.

18. this

You get light headed because your blood isn't carrying oxygen to your brain cells, decreasing their activity. The brain can go for about 6 minutes for a regular person without oxygen before serious damage occurs. Also, most information in your brain cells are copied several times. Tapping your temple kills more brain cells than holding your breath with smoke for as long as you can.

19. Holding hit after hit in longer = lack of oxygen to brain = seems to be higher but really not.

3-5 Seconds is all you need. Its not the smoke that gets you high its the thc..so how much you exhale is a stupid way of measuring how high you get lol.