How to properly pH soil,water,nutes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Deleted member 568253, Aug 31, 2012.

1. ^Hey could someone tell me how to properly mix nutes

so i take tap water thats been sitting out for a few hours
    add nutrients to it and then add pH up or down if i need it? or is that wrong

how do i test my soils pH and how do i ajust it if i need to. (fox farms ocean forrest)

will a 400cfm phresh filter work good with a 400cfm inline fan turned down 50%-75%?

2. I use tap water too, I let it sit over night but I doubt it really does much. Add the nutes and then adjust the pH.

To test the pH of the soil you just collect some of the run-off water and test that, its the run-off that you need to adjust to keep the plant at thier best.

3. how do i ajust the runoff

4. You dont. The Ph of the run off is the important PH reading as it will tell you if your soil`s PH is to low, to high or just right. If its to low then you increase the PH of the next water or feed day, to high you lower the PH of the next water or feed day. In regular soil grows you want to shoot for a PH run off reading of 6.5.

5. i think tap water sitting out helps with less of a shock for temps since it is oftent quite cold but tbh i dont see problems with using it straight out of the tap we have very good quality water here with no additives.

6. Letting it sit out for 24 hours helps evaporate the chlorine out of the water it also brings the water down to room temperature for when watering or feeding. To cold of water can shock the roots.

7. like i said my country doesnt have clorinated water. hence the "no additives"

8. #8 blitz9256, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    What about in areas where the water is hard or has high calcium? I'm about to start my first grow and the only thing I use the tap water for is the toilets and showers, I cook with and drink bottled water only and I was wondering if I should do the same for my plants. Only 25 cents a gallon if you refill, and I'll only have 3 plants.

9. We also have hard water but we still use it for our plants. We do let it sit out for 24 hours to evaporate the chlorine though.

10. [quote name='"tplat"']

We also have hard water but we still use it for our plants. We do let it sit out for 24 hours to evaporate the chlorine though.[/quote]

Chlorine is unstable, running it through a blender also removes it.

11. Ok cool, I will probably just set it out for 24 hours. Is it possible for the calcium in the water to be too much for the plant?

12. all water let sit for 24hrs atleast use a 5 gallon sparklets bottle also run a small bubble pump in the water bubble the water and move it around plants will love you for it :cool:

13. #13 dwel, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    p.s i even bubble my RO water .... and after you mix your nutes then adjust ph then bubble for another hour make shure your ph is correct then feed lol