Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Prevent Weed From Smelling When Not Smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EJHappiness, Dec 16, 2011.

1. #1 EJHappiness, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
    Hey guys hope everyone is alright,
    My question is this...i've been booked a few times with weed by my parents and it was mainly because of the smell, but not the smell when I smoke, but the smell when I pick up weed and the scent it gives off. Usually when you pick up Kush or some good weed it smells, and when I smoke it I blow it out the window and febreeze my room or i just go outside, so I pass off with the smell when I smoke, but when I don't it's a whole other story

Haven't smoked in a few weeks, had to deal with finals and all that..I'm finished now and wanted to pick up some weed once my dealer wakes up, but I'm wondering if there is any way to stop the smell?

I usually put the weed in a ziploc (usually two actually), and put in my backpack under some clothes and than in my closet, but this shit still smells. I even febreeze the backpack and it still smells...lol, what can i do?

Sincerely,
    Someone who really wants to smoke after weeks.

2. Mason jar /thread

3. ^not an option at this moment, will look into it later.

Any more ideas?

thanks btw.

4. Well, I think the best you could do is wrap it in tin-foil, then wrap that up in a plastic bag nice and tight, and put it somewhere safe, like:
    the back of a ps2 (awesome hiding spot if you ask me)
    improvised home safes
    anywhere else you hide your weed

good luck buddy, hope it helps :):smoke:

5. I use charcoal infused ziplock style bags. You can get them at medical supply places. I know a guy that had a colostomy for a bit and he used those bags to seal up his used colostomy bags to throw them away. THEY WORK! If they can seal up a bag of crap they can conceal odor from any weed.

6. Pill bottle

7. anything plastic will stink unless you buy something good. I know you said you cant do a mason jar, but that's the best thing. Can get those at any grocery store for dirt cheap.

No matter how dank, glass will hide the scent from humans.

8. #8 GoldenGinge, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
    You can try Tupperware. I use it sometimes if I got quite a lot of stinky bud. Blocks the scent from quite far away (as in,you probably won't be able to smell it in your room, but close to it yeah maybe).

I recommend trying it at least, it's dirt cheap and if it doesn't work to the way you want,you can use it for other things.

P.S- It might only be called tupperware in the UK so I'll attach this picture to show what I'm referring to.
    [​IMG]

PPS- haha found this picture, its from the city!!! :hello:

ALSO: if you do this,leave your bud in the zips if your being extra stealthy.

9. Not hard just get the point plastic sucks up smell. Glass doesn't simple u want to control smell get something glass and air tight. Not other way bro if not its gunna smell. There no magic answer someone gunna give u. A baby food glass jar. 50cents at supermarket. If u can't use glass to hide then done buy dank stick to regg till u can get glass.

10. Exactly what GoldenGinge said. People recomended mason jars and pill bottles to me but I wasn't able to get my hands on them. I got a small tuppaware box for about £2 which is about $3.

They work well. I keep around 4 grams in it at a time and the smell is fine. Just make sure it has the blue strip thing, which means that it is airtight.

Good luck! :)

11. Definitely invest in some pill bottles, mini mason jars, you may even have some camera roll containers lying around somewhere, those work pretty well for hiding the smell. 

12. The OP hasn't been on the City since he posted the thread.

[​IMG]

13. yea actually works