Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HOW to pick the perfect length for a tolerance break

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stormcrow, Mar 15, 2011.

1. #1 Stormcrow, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011
    Tolerance breaks don't have to be all that long, you know. THC has a half life of 4 days- this is a scientific term which meas that over 4 days, half of the THC in your system will degrade. As an example:

Day 0 - 100% tolerance
    Day 2 - 75% tolerance
    Day 4 - 50% tolerance
    Day 6 - 37.5% tolerance
    Day 7 - 31.5% tolerance
    Day 8 - 25% tolerance
    Day 10 - 18.75% tolerance
    Day 12 - 13.88% tolerance
    Day 14 - 9.38% tolerance
    Day 18 - 4.69% tolerance

So, this pretty much means:
    - four days will halve your tolerance
    - a week will cut your tolerance to one third
    - two weeks will cut it to one tenth

the tolerance you loose over the last three weeks of a month tolerance break is equal to nearly a fourth of what you loose in the first week. barring a drug test, why take a month break? the hit to lifestyle is not equitable to the possible gain.

Thus, if you're trying to lower your tolerance, an entire month break isn't very efficient. If you're trying to get virgin low tolerance, going past 14 days isn't "cost" effective at all. For a general tolerance break, approximately 1 week is the best solution.

Just some cool stuff.
    Stormcrow

2. Gonna take a T break soon will def do 1 week any longer than that is crazy.

3. interesting.

but on a real note, fuck half lives.

4. Ohhh woow! ;)

5. #5 ramone&emiglio, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    im on a tea break right now
    can't drink any tea

edit: 6 days in now

6. Residual THC metabolites have very little to do with tolerance, the majority of it is THC receptor down-regulation whereby your brain reduces the available receptors so that your new "normal" thc levels don't interfere with your body's homeostasis as drastically.

7. only takes me like 2-3 day break than im back being blazed as a mofo

8. knew it!! haha thanks for the info!
    i always take week breaks max when i feel i need one... felt that was enough every time :D

we should get this thread stickied btw

9. I am on month eight at this point... still no end in sight haha. Cool topic though sir, definitely an interesting read.

10. why havent you smoked in sooo long dude

11. I smoked for five years religiously two to three different strains a week for three of them... Just kind of got sick of the sensation of being high. I will get back to it at some point but probably not for a handful of years.

12. This^

13. Sounds like theres another reason for not wanting to toke up man.

I couldnt imagine not wanting to toke for YEARS!

Our lives are to short to not enjoy them as HIGH as we possibly can!

14. you aren't granny...

15. Interesting, maybe I'll take 4 days off soon. :smoking:

16. Same this sounds like it would help so much 4 day breaks sound nice such as monday-thursday. Im gonna start this next week see how my results are.

17. i usually just smoke on the weekends. for me that keeps my tolerance fairly low and i can still smoke consistently.

18. low tolerance ftw i had to take a break for family things, but now bowls last me 2 sessions o_O

19. So is there any credibility to this? I always thought you needed a good month break.

20. Whered you find this information? Your ass? It has no credibility or real use until you show your source.