How to pick a strain, grow the best weed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SchrodingersDog, Apr 9, 2007.

1. The best weed is the weed I grow, guaranteed. It's also the strongest, but that just my preference. Good news is that once you have a lot of grows under your belt you'll also be growing the best weed.

Don't get too creative in picking a strain, just get one of the older established varieties, probably indica for your first few grows. This way you know you can expect good results if you do your job right. Plus if you're using grow forums you'll be able to check grow logs from plenty of others that have grown the same thing to help you out in the beginning.

Now back to the good news. Once you've been growing this same plant perpetually for a year or more (it'll fly by), you will have mastered the growing conditions for this particular variety and it'll be loving you back to it's fullest potential. You probably don't know yet what really strong weed is, since the people doing a really good job of homegrowing aren't that common, and have probably been supplying very few people for a very long time.

Once you've been growing well for a few years you'll be able to grow any kind of weed much better than you did earlier on. If you stick to one or a handful of strains however, you'll get good old mothers that you know like your family - and the clones they give up you'll be able to treat perfectly all through their life.

Like I said, it is I who have the strongest weed, but that's just because it's the stuff I've been tailoring to my tastes for many years. My numbers vary, but right now I have five mothers that I know just what to expect from, so we do each other right every time.

If you're just starting out in growing go out and get a strain that you see has been established in the community for a few years at least. Then when you two are good friends, get a couple of different kinds. Before you know it you'll be making your own crosses and selecting for just the right traits that you're looking for. At this time you'll be damn sure that it is actually you that grow the best weed, guaranteed.