Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to pass a saliva/spit drugtest??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KingDullish, Jan 7, 2009.

1. thats for all the help.... when i unsubscribe to a thread i made doest in automatically delete it.. or is there a proper way??

2. Ok so I know for a fact I am getting the LAB SALIVA test done.... and I relly REALLY need to know how to pass it....

Here is my story I haven't smoked weed in over 2 years then RANDOMLY I decided w/e I haven't seen my probation officer in months I'll be fine this once well that was saturday and he called and I have to go see him WEDNESDAY.... I know it is the lab one because I have taken it before will keeping water in my mouth do the trick if so I will just slip a pouch with water in my mouth and someone elses saliva (as gross as that sounds I am willing to do it ) because if I don't pass I will go to jail and I have a 3 year old to look after .... PLEASE someone HELP!

3. So, the alcohol test is different than the oral test? I got bagged with weed and have to get random drug tests for a year, took my first one a few days ago and it was the oral one. Will alcohol show up on the oral test?

4. #24 1potMama, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
    Hey, My sister in law is being tessted using a spit test which was described to her as being a small vial she has to fill, her boss said it can detect if youve smoked in the last 6 months is this true? or is this pretty much like any other saliva test??
    Also this isnt a test to get a job its for getting life insurance.

5. 2 year bump.

6. Schools that drug test? How shitty.

7. I once went through a test like the OP described to get hired at a local Kroger chain (QFC for those who know). The manager told me they send them off, and only do something if they hear back. I had smoked earlier in the week, and got hired. I know for a fact there were other recent hires who smoked as well. Trust me, if you learn that you are getting this test, you are jumping for joy.

8. I have a slight different problem. I stayed clean for over a year then on 420:hello: i decided to smoke again and unfortunately for the following three days. Now after looking for a job for months then finally giving up a old employer wants to rehire me. Now i recall taking a drug test before she originally hired me, it was a saliva swap one and was sent to a lab (now i hadnt been smoking for quite some time before that so of course i passed). Now my question is: I plan on exercising, drinking lots of water, and then drinking a soda/chewing a mint right before the test, is this the best course of action to pass???:confused:

9. Ok I registered just to get some info on this subject.
    It's ironic someone mentioned the Kroger saliva test here, I was just interviewed earlier today at a local kroger and was swabbed. I kinda knew a drug test would come but didn't think it would happen during the interview. I haven't smoked for about 2 or 3 days as my hookup is out of town right now. The only reason I'm somewhat worried is because I was pretty unprepared for it. I was in a hurry and didn't brush my teeth before hand. Also I should note that when I was swabbed I had crazy cotton mouth, not from smoking but just natural insane cotton mouth. I'm pretty sure the swab was completely dry was I gave it back to her and she didn't make me put it on my gums at all. You guys think I'm in the clear?

10. #30 Captobviouz, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
    Forgive me for the necro and long read, but I found this thread to be quite informative and wanted to share the story of my first drug test(that I had to worry about).

I smoked at around 9PM, and received a call the next morning for an interview/DT with a major grocery chain at 3PM that day. That gave me around 18 hours to detox. I've heard of people popping positive after a few day, and on the other extreme, being high while taking the test and getting a negative result. I just wasn't sure that 18 hours was enough.

I drank around 5 liters of water between the call and the test. I brushed my gums about once every hour until they bled. I gargled salt water a few times. I heard that nicotine coats the saliva glands and might mask the THC, so I was chain-smoking all day. I chewed gum and mints to create more saliva and push the dirty stuff out. I also heard that coffee and soda help, so I drank a soda on the way there.

So I get there, and the interview was a breeze(I have a way with managers). Then comes the part I was dreading; the drug test.

I couldn't get a look at the brand, but it was basically a lollipop stick with a hard sponge on the end, and I was supposed to make the sponge soft, whereupon it's screwed into a hard case that contains the chemicals for detecting the presence of 6 different drugs.

I brought with me an emptied eye drop bottle refilled with water, but unfortunately the lady who interviewed me was watching the whole time, so I had to pass without cheating(ugh). So I put this thing in my mouth, making sure to NEVER touch the actual salivary glands, and wetting it primarily with my tongue and teeth.

As to the results, I was only concerned about one of the six(no prizes for guessing which). After a few minutes, 5 of the 6 show up as negative, but one wasn't showing up. I didn't know which one it was, but I had a shrewd guess. At this point I was almost literally shitting bricks. After a few minutes, the last lines start showing up, but when they first started appearing, they appeared as one big smear, which I was sure was a positive, but thankfully with a few more minutes the smear separated into two distinct lines showing negative. What a relief! So I got the job and start Thursday.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded story, I'm just ecstatic that I passed, and I'm sharing this in the hope that it helps someone else fool the swab test. Best advice I can give is to stop smoking for a few days prior, and it should turn out slightly less sketch than mine did.

Toke On!

11. i know this is an old topic, but i have to get this out. I work at a Publix chain and did test positive with one of these saliva tests after smoking about 14 hours prior to the test (it was a company random), and couldn't have caught me at a worse time, (I had forgotten to brush my teeth that morning). So TWO WEEKS LATER, the Asst. Store manager sits me down in her office with my dept. manager and told me that I failed the test, so I had to go through a "rehab program" (where I couldn't even drink beer) or lose my job.. -__-  So after this long degrading process of going to these meetings and finishing the program, here i am back at work and yesterday I get called into my store managers office for a "follow up" saliva test. I smoked the day before and a little bit over 24 hours had lapsed. I got smart after doing some research and heard alot of good reports about using hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash, so i started doing this about 5 times a day while on the job. The day of this random test I had 1)brushed my teeth, 2) used regular mouth wash before i went into work, 3) Used hydrogen peroxide twice during work and finally 4) used hydrogen peroxide immediately when my dept. manager told me to go to my store managers office. I tried to let the test just sit in my mouth in between my teeth not letting the test hit any part of my mouth. It may have grazed the cheek for half a second or so but other than that he took the test out after like 3 minutes (there were bite marks on it and everything lol) and sealed up the tube. I'm hoping time and my extra precautions are in my favor for passing this test because if I fail this, I lose my job. Again, it took them two weeks to tell me the first time, so I'll let everyone know what the results were in a few weeks (as long as two weeks pass without them firing me, I'll assume that I passed the test.)

12. #32 jjmb529, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016

13. How long does it take for test results to come back for a mouth swab drug test I took one for my job yesterday

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Please help me so i had to take a saliva test and unfortunately the one time i partied i didn't have my kids well sum ass called children and youth je said since u had drug history take this test if u pass we will close it out. So he let me do it by myself i bately let it touch my tongue cheek i was bighting on the stem piece after ten mins he shined red light on it didn't see the dot. Said where u have it i said under my tongue the whole time he said ok cool. Put it away. It wasnt soaked at all . If anytgung might hit my tongue quick second. What are my chances