Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to pass a saliva/spit drugtest??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KingDullish, Jan 7, 2009.

1. How do you pass a saliva/spit drugtest??

my school just switched from lab pee tests to this..anyone know?:smoking:

2. Smoke until you have a dry mouth. Then they can't test you?

Seriously though I don't really know. I didn't know that it stays in your saliva as long as it does the rest of your body...

3. i'm pretty sure that marijuana doesn't stay in your saliva that long. i've heard stories of people smoking only a few hours before a test and passing. but, i'm not 100% sure, try the search button for more answers

4. #4 coaltar, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
    I am actually trained to administer these test and they suck they are really easy to get buy here are a few ways;

1)Chew a mint right before the test, rubbing the mint along your gum lines.*

2)Drink coffee or soda right before the test.*

3)When you are given the test ask for some water then keep a small amount in your cheek just enough to fill the sponge on the end of the stick.

* Don't let them know you did this or they will have you drink a lot of water and wait about 15 minutes and then do the test.

These test gather you cells on your gum lines so the tester will mostly have you rub it along your gum's for about 2 mins the less you rub on your gums the better your chance.

I took one home (made by quest diagnostics) and tested my self after 24 hours and I tested neg.

Most companies/schools/etc are switching to these types of test as a budget saver which is a good thing as a urine test can detect a lot more!

to add: I once tested an employee who I was about 95 percent sure had smoked a joint about an hour prior to the test and he tested neg.

5. There is also another test our there that has a little spoon on the end those are the worst on the market all you need to do is not have smoked in the last 6 to 8 hours and ask for a little water and again keep a little and fill the little spoon with mostly water and a bit of your saliva and you will be fine.

6. I also heard 8 hours...

7. haha YES!!!! wow you just made my day... i now know why they switched. i thought originally these saliva tests would be better because our school i seriously fucking retarded (1of3 schools in state that DT..ya) but i have heard that our DT program was a ton of $$ so this makes sense.. r u sure that they dont have like a lab version or somthing?? because gennerally our school doesn't fuck around? thanks alot

8. Yes there is a lab version that I use at work but it cost as much as a urine test so this is usually the process;

You first administer the saliva test and if you test non negative (pretty much same as pos.) then a secondary test (lab test) is administered. If you make it to the lab test you are pretty much fucked cause the lab test is a lot better. Your only chance would be if they screwed up the chain of custody paper work therefore voiding the test.

9. #9 KingDullish, Jan 7, 2009

thanks for all your help man...srry if i sound like a ignorant dick cuz i know i might but... if you're a herb smoker (iff im not misstaken) and i assume if you are that you believe that weed doesnt affect your performance at work.. then y r u testing people?? just wondering is it like your job? or r u like a boss and test your workers... i can see where your coming from just wondering your motive.. srry if im completely out of line because i realize i may be because i have know idea your situation or believes so if i am wrong please forgive me :D just wondering

p.s. i think i just ask my athletic directer if it is a lab test or a regular one?? is there really any other way to find out?

10. #10 coaltar, Jan 7, 2009
    Glad I could help. I personally know that weed does not make a bad employee, hell, they promoted a weed smoker but testing employees is part of my job. All the people at my company know that its a drug free workplace and if tested and you test positive you will loose your job. Knowing this applying for the job you cannot be upset if you loose it due to failing a drug test, if you don't like the companies rules then they should not have applied. I really like my work and testing for drugs is not my favorite part but it is part and I do my job very well, personal feeling aside.

11. +Rep for that very informative post. Thanks.

12. #12 coaltar, Jan 7, 2009
    The lab test will look like a vile with a separate stick that has a flattened cotton swab.

The best thing to do is find out the brand name and then do a little googling.

Again I doubt they are doing the lab test as they cost a lot more, like 5 times the price and take about 48 to 72 hours to get the results back.

to add: if you see a small white machine on the desk of whoever test it could be the testing machine which means that they are not using the lab test as the first stage of testing.

13. #13 coaltar, Jan 7, 2009
    Here are some pics of what the lab test look like;

[​IMG]

And here is the oral (non lab) test:

[​IMG]

And the alcohol tester, just in case.

[​IMG]

Kinda small but that's all the site had.

This is just one example of one of the companies out there here is a search of many more on the market: clicky

14. i try and figure that out tommarow and post back... ill ask the first person in school that gets DT'd what they did and stuff...

BTW id do the same thing with your job +rep thanks for the help ill post back when i find out any more info

15. #15 KingDullish, Jan 7, 2009
    how bout those alc. test.. pretty shitty too? nice pics.. cant +rep X2 :(

16. Now the alcohol test is a different story, if you have it in your blood then you will most likely fail the test the ones we use work pretty darn good.

And thanks for the + rep, always appreciated.

17. how long we talking for the alc. one.... i hope my school has the shit ones... but im pretty sure they will have the good ones cuz we r a rich town kinda n we've had piss tests for a while so im not sure if budgets a factor or not

18. You're going to fail your alcohol test....

19. idk if it is a alc. one yet..lol to scared to ask athletic director

and its random so idk when i will get tested...hopefully not for a qouple more weeks... 1week clean as of now

if i smoked daily for a week or so (bowl a day..prolly about 3/4 of an eighth overall) then how long do you guys think it will take for me to be clean.. drinking about X2 the ave water and some grean tea too...

20. damn that sucks if it was pee u could just buy it off someone. chew gum drink soda right before