How to open a Co-op

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by BlazinBuds420, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Hey guys I have this crazy idea, right now my state (Alaska) allows medical marijuana but no sell of it. However you can purchase medical marijuana and they can charge you a delivery fee. I was thinking I could open a co-op for patients an charge a monthly membership fee, and with this membership comes club perks like free drinks on site, snacks, smoking tools (pipes water pipes papers) and you can get 2 dubs a day.

Any ideas if this would work guys? We have no dispensaries and I know people here would kill for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Bump, anyone think this work around is a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. It would be nice to have something like that up there, but it'll probably take a good amount of money and stuff. That was not very helpful but yea haha

4. Are coops legal in Alaska?

5. No unfortunately. ): BUT you're allowed to deliver it in exchange for a delivery fee..

6. Hey Blazin. I too am living in AK. My understanding is that the delivery business you speak of isn't legal (yet?), and could get you into a legal mess or hellish fines. The laws will become more clear over the next year. Recreational and medicinal is legal to grow in our homes, but medical dispensaries are not legal (yet?). Also, person's are legally allowed to be a 'caregiver' for only one patient; meaning one person can provide medical mj for only one other person. 

A coop would be cool, but again it seems like a legal mess at this juncture. 

I too have some crazy thoughts and ideas about what's to come in our state.

7. coops..... i am drunk.!