How to make working full time easier?

Discussion in 'General' started by LovingTree, Dec 6, 2011.

1. I just got hired at dunkin donuts... 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. This is my real first full time job. What should I expect? How should I pace myself during these long hours? Is sleep the night before key?

2. sleep and coffe.....

3. I work similar hours. Live for the weekend. Weed helps.

4. i work 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and really its just a matter of falling alseep at a reasonable time and energy drinks in the morning.

and if you just keep yourself busy time will fly by

5. Yes, you will need plenty of sleep. If you're not in school then it will be alot easier.

6. Sleep is key, I worked 8-5, 5 days a week doing landscaping the past two summers. The day is going to start off bad and only get worse without a good nights rest.

7. Sleeping is definitely a good idea lol, being tired, having ass hole customers and a busy ass day, is probably one of the worst ways to be working.... Being busy, makes the time go faster... nothing is worse than standing around doing literally nothing for 8 hours repeatedly gets to you.... find shit to do if you arent busy at work lol.... rather than just sitting around waiting... read a magazine, do a crossword... if your boss is ok with it obviously

Its probably going to be a bit overwhelming at first... it will eventually become second nature.... just stick at it, and if you like coffee im going to assume you will be drinking it for free at work, so thats a win right there

8. Well I entered my first day of training today and it was awesome! Making lattes and coffees is kinda confusing and loaf sometimes, but it's a fun job none the less. I love how everything in the store is just updated and current. Not only that, I get free donuts, breakfast bundles and sandwiches, as many as I want :smoke:

9. don't smoke before work until you get that shit down that shit sucks lol

10. Yeah haha that would be bad. I could see myself getting some anxiety issues if I was high and confused at work.

11. haha i've seen some people freak with forgetting shit while sober haha.. just write all the shit down look at it before and after work for like 5 mins for like a week. that's what i did had it down in a few days.

12. Thats exactly what I do. I carry one of those mini-notebooks and write everything down. Just the act of writing something down, commits it more to your memory, that just hearing it.

13. This is a great idea David. +Rep dude. Great for memory keys

14. Words of advice : use weed as motivation to get through the day, not as motivation to wake up. Being high all day at work only makes it worse. Totally worth it to wait and kick the shoes off to a nice bowl after clockin out.

15. Ahaha I could see you some stoner dude high trying to make a latte and can't remember how to do it and panic and your like uhuhhhhuh fuck and just give up.