how to make small plants

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by daftie420, Jul 21, 2011.

1. how do i make small plants and i mean like really small, i've only been able to make huge ass plants that take up my closet, i want to make a small box with plants like a foot tall.

2. you have to top them early and keep them close to the light to reduce stretch. They'll still get tall...you can either top them, making them bushier or bend them over (lst)

3. Small pot, small strain like a full indica strain, maybe try an autoflower (Joint Doctor, Short stuff seeds), keep lights close, train a lot (LST + topping). Maybe put a scrog screen in there and keep pushing the branches to the outer sides whenever they pop up through a hole, just keep pushing them under and out further. You can induce flower quicker (12/12 while its at like 6" or something). You can even use 12/12 from sprout, and maybe have room for a few more beside it. Thats about all I got. Oh, you can check this out too.

Kushed

4. Thats very interesting. Makes me want to try it. Have you tried that before? :wave:

5. #6 arknor1050, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    12/12 from seed is a must, on my grow (nirvana northern lights) the plants max out at about 20inchs tall if you leave them to grow straight up but you can tie a peice of string to a thick enough part of the growing tip and bend the plant over and keep it growing parralel with the floor.
    like "|->->->->" sort of shape

the proper mini plants you see that all all budd on a stick are clones raised under 12/12 as soon as they have roots

6. i cant find a thread that shows topping. any help?

7. From seed on 12/12. From dirt to top their like 8-10 inches. Start with a small pot and keep them close to the light. One thing I didn't do was move the light once a week to stretch them. I wanted them around a foot and a half. The girls are a week from going dark for 3 days..

Attached Files:

8. okay, thanks guys i will try this on my next grow which is soon