How to make small pipe to take on the go?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by mindbeats, Oct 29, 2013.

It's pure metal, does take a while to get used to because they can heat up but that can be fixed  with technique, also after a little resin has built up inside the tube and bowl it mitigates the heat a lot and will catch ash so nothing pulls into your mouth but that again can be fixed with some technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gAfSgVdKME
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhBUHl2w7Q0

Very nice man, gonna see if I can find a pen like that here in Portugal.
    What about health issues, does smoking through that harm you? Or is it just like a joint?

3. Oh, make sure to use hempwick or a match burned past the sulfur to light your bowls when using dry pieces. Sucking in butane will give you headaches and irritate your throat like mad over time. Water pipes do an excellent job on filtering it out but they also filter a lot of other stuff that you don't want them to.

So, I should use a normal match to light my bowls instead of a lighter? Is that what you're saying?

Nope, I had more lung issues when smoking out of a dirty bong because ash pulled into water creates lye and if you inhale enough of that even over a small ammount of time you can get lung problems even leading to infection. It's not hard to change the water or clean the bong but it is time consuming.

Yea but make sure it burns past the sulfur bit. A better option I think is the hempline beeswax thing because you can just light it with your bic and I believe it to be more economical than matches. It took me a while to discover that using a lighter with my one hitter was what was responsible for what felt like a closed and irriated throat that even drinking water didn't really help.

7. A drill and a little piece of wood go a long way. 

8. You can make a pipe from a pencap , a piece of tinfoil, an apple, a sock wrench. Basically anything...

Hmm, what you mean past the sulfur bit? The little red bit?
    What's a hempline beeswax?

Yes. But problem with cheap flipbook matches is they're cheap. They work but they're not the best option. Once they get past the sulfur bit the flame always seems to die out so a box of real stick matches are better (the kind smoke afficionados use to light their pipes and cigars.

Google the hempline, you can buy it on amazon and ebay. It's very affordable and IMO the best option when combined with a Bic lighter.

This what you talking about? [​IMG]

Yup, it comes in all different styles. Get a 50foot roll from amazon for $5 + free shipping to try it out.

Haha very nice. I think I actually have some of that at home :)
    Gonna see if I can find a Zebra pen tomorrow so I can try it out.
    Thanks so much for the help man ;)

You're welcome man. Feel free to send me PM if you feel like you could use some more advice on this topic.

If I need more help, I will defo ;)