How to make plants grow SLOW?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jang707, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

I just popped quite a few seeds (18) and I had 100 % success rate. My flower room is in full blast right now and wont be done for another 7 weeks. I didn't expect to have this high of a success rate and I planned on just using the few seeds that popped (they were SUPER old seeds) I need the veg cycle to take as long as possible so my flower room has time to finish out before I transfer the now seedlings from the veg room.

I am growing in a CAP ebb n gro system with hydroton. I have a 500 watt MH hood on a light mover to get better coverage in my veg room. I normally veg to about 18-22 inches tall but if I am pushing it I could probably do 26 inches. Does anybody think I can slow these girls down enough so it takes a full 7 weeks to get to this height? they JUST popped a few days ago (about an inch tall, just sprouting their first set of fan leaves)

2. Least amount of nutrients
    Least amount of light wattage

dunno about anything else

3. I've been in that situation many times.

What I do is take cuttings now while they are healthy and vigorous, and then do some mother plant style pruning on the plants to keep them from out growing the area.

Don't prune them too much at once, just a little at a time. Make sure to leave some growth nodes at your pruning points. Depending on how long you're going to keep them, you might need to do a root trimming on them to keep them from getting root bound. You can do a google search on mother plant root trimming. It's really pretty simple.

Plants from clones are easier to manage with pruning than young seed plants. You might even want to get rid of a couple of the original seed plants and just grow the clones.

4. I have similar problems sometimes and I just simply prune them to keep them small. I cut branches directly above the first pair of nodes on every branch so it splits in to two, then four, then eight, and so on. If they get too big I just trim them down. Sometimes I might take a clone and feed the worms with the rest