Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make my stash last longer and not go bad

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BEANO, May 31, 2009.

1. Zip lock bag + shoe box = it will be good enough for as long as you'd be using it

2. If you want to re hydrate your weed don't put water in it put put an orange peel or a lemon peel or two in there and it will remoisten it.

3. Alright... DO NOT put the weed in closed bags or jars untill it is COMPLETELY DRY, PLEASE put a fan on it for a while untill there is NO moisture, if you dont do this your weed will have a high chance of getting mold on it.\

Once the weed is dry, double, triple check to make sure all buds are dry and store it in airtight mason jars. You will be ok if you do this and the bud should last a while. If your bud is getting much too dry in the jars then put orange peels and leave in for short periods of time.

4. #24 dkong911, May 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
    1. Don't use the fridge unless it's an airtight container; don't use the freezer unless it's vacuum-sealed

2. It baffles me that someone would post "mold=bad" and then in the same post recommend setting orange peels in the mason jar right next to the bud. This is the apprentice tokers section guys, they don't know about fucking mold.

I stored bud for long periods of time, longer than what you need to store it for. Any airtight container (mason jar works, I use a tightpac) with some sort of humidifying device is what you need, but there are precautions you need to take to avoid mold growth.

--weed inside ziploc bag in an airtight container
    --outside of ziploc, inside of cotnainer: humidifying device. You can use an orange peel :rolleyes: or you can break the bank for a $2 blimpie humidifier that I have found works MUCH better than a orange peel. Must use purified water, and must change once a week.

Basically reiterated this post in another thread... goddamn guys, stop telling these new smokers to use orange peels and shit without a mold warning.

The above poster is correct, must be completely dry before you put it back in containers... the good news is that if you use a humidifier with caution the bud can actually regain a good consistency

5. Dry that shit out fast! get a hair dryer our somethin g and a fan and blast that shit until its DRYY. If you keep it moist it could posssibly become moldy = no weed at all for you. once it is dry, cut up an orange and put the peels inside an airtight container, put your weed inside the container and then either put it in the fridge or freezer. I personally would go with the freezer.

6. Dude no freezer unless it's vacuum-sealed, and you gotta watch that shit for mold or change the peel out still.

7. god damn dude i cried when i saw the words:water,in,bag,and weed in the same sentence.just let it dry for a little bit and then put it in a mason jar put it in a closet,under the bed in a box maybe.or in a desk drawer.just somewhere dry and dark.and not hot

8. :hello: congratz your an ideioit lol jk
    but water is bad

9. Why diid you steal GimmeMore sig?

10. just stick it in a mason jar and keep it in a cool dark place. should stay good for a couple months easy.

11. lol... thanks for looking out ALexy

Its cool though i guess..... just hope people don't get confused and think those are MY posts.... lol..

12. #32 jimjim, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
    man, ziploc makes these really wicked containers that keep your shit good. They are twist on tops but they have a rubber seal in the lid. Your stash will stay nice without any of this nonesense work that you are doing.

My advise, dry out your pot. Like til its totally dry. Bust the whole thing into one of the above mentioned containers and smoke the whole thing over time out of a water bong or a little bubbler pipe. Keep the container lid closed when you arent reaching into it for smoke. That way your dope wont 'mold' and it wont be as harsh through the water bong. I keep mine in room temp. Seems to be fine.

How long are you planning on keeping this stash? I dont think that it would last me long enough to mold lol.

13. #33 BEANO, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009
    Thanks for the tip. I sold all of the stuff that I over-hydrated and got brand new stuff (2 ounces of course). Call me a noob at smoking, but I've been doing this for quite a while. I just haven't had that much at one time =). I was drunk and put too much water in. A TINY bit (a few drops) of water or an orange slice isn't bad if you're going to get it from being completely dry so you can smoke it, but I put wayyyy too much in =). I haven't smoked since the middle of may per a drug test coming up, but I'm hoping these 2 ounces will last me the summer (since my tolerance will be low).

Plus, I went to the store and bought a pack of mason jars. They work very well by the way =)

14. alright i got a question for you guys similar to this. i recently bought a half oz. and i gotta wait a little bit to smoke since im tryin to get a job.

i have my bud in an airtight container already like your supposed to.

but what i was wondering is if i roll like half the bud into a buncha joints and put it the mason jar to would that be alright and like would it stay good or do you think i should just roll it when i plan on smokin it and just keep the bud by itself in the mason jar?

15. ^^^^^^^Hahah im sorry but thats funny, dude i really hope you didnt just waste two O's by giving it mold overnight. Look at one of the stickys on the top of this site. It has pics of moldy bud you can compare it too,

16. Just roll it when you plan on smoking it if you want it to stay fresh.

I used to actually buy weed for the week and I'd roll up 5 joints so I'd have something to smoke every day I had to work, I'd smoke half the joint as a wake n bake and half on the way home and it was nice. Then I would know how much I could smoke while still having weed for the work week.

I kept those joints in an altoid tin and they smoked fine, but they were never there for over a week so it was all good.

17. dang man your going crazy. you probably runied it.... just sayin