How to make money without going to college?

Discussion in 'General' started by Stoogemeister, Nov 18, 2008.

1. How can i make a decent amount of income without going to college? I mean a salary that will allow me to live comfortably without financial worries but i don't have to be super rich.
    My family seems to think that if i do not go to college i will end up being a bum making 10k a year. I know this isn't true because i know people that never went to college and are holding good, well paying jobs.
    Anyone got any ideas?

2. Air traffic controller. Well over here you don't go to college for it. I know you can go to pilot school so long as you have the $90k for it in texas.

3. Construction.

Oil drlling, natural gas mining, dangerous stuff.

4. Be smart and make a good business

5. civil service job.Look at the big picture...:hello:

6. There's always the criminal underworld.

Gangs, mafia, and such.

But once you get in, you don't get out alive.

Haha, I'm joking.

Or am I?

7. grow a plant :p

8. Alaskan crab fishing.

9. One of the most dangerous jobs right there.

Pay is great, getting on board is impossible.

10. I plan on going to welding school in April, its not really college but I will make a decent income when I finish.

11. Wear proper protection though man, you can fuck yourself up welding.

12. No it's not, I have done it.

13. Good for you.

I meant there is generally a waiting list.

14. i JUST read in my local papers classifieds... that some company is hiring window and door installers for 60-70K a year. thats niceeeee.

im going to college for business management. own my own head shop :D

u can work for me.... gotta pass a piss test tho lol

15. your kidding right haaa

16. These are some pretty good ideas, what would be a well paying job that requires mainly manual labor? I've actually already heard that Alaskan Crab fishing gets a good pay but i don't know if i would be up for that. Well actually mabye it really depends i'de have to talk to someone that has done it before.

17. Civil engineering?

18. be a roofer. the people that do it are usually rugged skig smokin dudes and its usually fun.

19. find a trade bro. i work in a machine shop and it doesnt require anything but an hs diploma.
    and im about to go to this tool and manufacturing school thing that id have to go to 3 hours a day, 2 days a week for 2 years. and the more i accomplish that school, the more i get paid at work. i started at 12/hr and im still a temp.

look for some nearby factories man.

20. just come up with the next good gimmick. Like the guy that invented the pet rock.