Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Make A Sploof

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by danieljc, Oct 30, 2010.

1. How To Make A Sploof!
    I'm pretty bored right now so I decided I'd make a quick tutorial on how to make a sploof. For those of you who don't know what a sploof is; it's usually just a tube with a filter or screen of some sort that when exhaled through, helps to eliminate odors caused by smoking cannabis.

Materials

[​IMG]
    Toilet Paper Roll (or paper towel roll)
    Scissors
    A Sock
    Tape
    Activated Filter Carbon- If you have a fishtank, you might have some of this stuff lying around. It's used in fish tank filters to filter the water. If not, you can get some at PetCo for $3-$5 usually.

Step 1
    Cut your roll so that you have one longer piece and one shorter piece, about 1/4 and 3/4.
    [​IMG]

Step 2
    Get you sock, and cut it so it covers one end of the hole of the longer roll. It has to overlap the edges. Tape it down and then just cut off any excess.
    [​IMG]

Step 3
    Flip your roll over and fill it up with some of the filter carbon. You don't want too much, but you want enough to cover the enter sock, so that there is a layer of the carbon.
    [​IMG]

Step 4
    Now you take your left over sock, roll it up, not too tight, and just put it down the tube. You want it to make contact with the carbon so that the carbon stays in place and doesn't rattle in the tube. You can also put in some dryer sheets in between the sock and carbon if you wish.
    [​IMG]

Step 5
    Tape your smaller tube onto the longer tube, where the carbon is. And there you go, a sploof.
    [​IMG]

Sure it's not the prettiest thing, but it's been working great for me. And just on a side note, I'm not sure which works better, if you blow through the carbon first then the sock, or through the sock then the carbon. Shown here, you blow through the carbon then the sock. If the other way works better, you can totally disregard cutting the tube and just blow from the other end.

Hope this helped someone and thanks for looking.

2. When did everyone start calling these things sploofs? I never heard the term sploof before I signed up here. I've always called that tool a mute, and I've always heard it called a mute. Is mute just an old school term or what?

3. Nah I call it a mute too.