Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Keep Your Lighters

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ghost22, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Most people that smoke with my group of friends for the first time say that we have a lot of rules to follow, though all of them are there for a reason.

Rule No. 1: ALWAYS PASS THE LIGHTER

When you're smoking with a group of friends, large or small, a few people usually have lighters and a few don't. By allowing everyone to use their own lighter, the community lighter often becomes "stranded" a few heads behind the bowl, leaving your lighter-less friend with no torch.

This creates mass confusion.

Either a new community lighter is created and the old one becomes lost, or you become "that guy" that has to interrupt the entire 45 minute long conversation to ask for a light.

This can all be avoided.

Have 1 person provide a lighter (preferrably the person who packs the bowl). This person is now the only one responsible for making sure his lighter is accounted for, and ensures that everyone has some fire to toast that bowl with.

Enjoy!

2. Hahah thanks for the tidbit. +rep for the effort.

3. Nice post, but I'd have to disagree.
    I've lost MANY a lighter this way, and it pisses me the fuck off.
    I don't mind smoking in groups. What I mind is asking said group for someone to please return my borrowed lighter and being answered with a bunch of blank stares.

Me--"Seriously guys, that's the only light I had on me. I need it back." (I smoke cigs too, so having a lighter on me at all times is sort of customary now)
    One of Them--"You sure you came with one?"
    Me--"Uh, yeah...I JUST passed it to you. Where'd it go?"
    One of Them--*SIGH* "Alright, everybody run their pockets."
    Some Random--"Don't have it."
    Some Other Random--"This is stupid, are you SURE you had one when you came?"
    Me, pissed by now--"Yes, I fucking had one. I passed it with the bowl, like you guys insisted I do. Now you're telling me nobody has it? Bullshit."
    One of Them--"Damn, calm down. Just take this one and relax. Way to be a buzzkill. Over a LIGHTER." (The one he gave me was a scratched, dirty, resin-stained one with the safety intact--a far cry from the $3.23 Limited Edition, safety-free, all-around-awesome Bic I lost)
    Me--"Whatever guys, I gotta go anyway." :rolleyes:

Fuck that shit.

But if it works for you guys more power to you :smoke:

4. Lol the last time this happend to me i always steal the ligters at the sesh. But every time i do i alays bring and buy the weed the next time :D i just like to collect and they no that, I also had a guy i stole his ligter just a cheep 50cent one from the dollor store i gave him my zippo limited Jack Daniel's he was like WTF really? it was like 75$ for it i bought it off a crack head for 15$

5. i like to secretly attach tracking devices onto my lighters. :rolleyes:

6. I think everybody in the circle should bring their own lighter and attach the lighters to your wrists with a piece of string of some sort. That way everybody has their own special wrist lighter, and even if you DROP the lighter, it doesnt fall and get lost. OH and make SURE the string is just long enough to dangle and reach the bowl, but not long enough to reach into your pocket! Also, if everybody can get a different colour that way there will no confusion as to which lighter is attached to whos wrist...

7. just be aware and watch the lighter >.>

8. In my circles, everyone generally has their own lighter and just uses that. It eliminates a lot of confusion and its one less thing to pass around.

9. I put beeline on my lighter so everyone knows whos it is :)

10. I use a zippo so its not much good for bowls but generally we smoke blunts so we dont have to worry about it, when we do smoke bowls the host has a lighter that just goes around with it and everyone elses just stays in their pockets.

11. I ALWAYS use my thumbnail and scratch out part of the sticker on the back to make a distinct pattern. Everyone in my circle knows that the mini bic with the cross on the back is mine. Not only can I always tell which is mine, but if I happen to leave my lighter at someones house, they make sure I get it back when they see me.

12. I've lost many lighters to the group smoke session, but to be fair I have ended up with the foreign bic in my pocket every now and again. But I have to agree with ForYouBlue... there's nothing worse than having 5 freshly baked people going through their pockets looking for a bic that just doesn't wasn't to be found. If I'm high enough my pockets are the most distracting things in the world. I just can't keep my thoughts on track. I'll feel something and be like...

'Is that a dollar? No, maybe it's my movie ticket. Wait, but a ticket stub has a torn edge. Maybe it's a business card? But I'm not a business man. If I was I wouldn't be wearing these sneakers, I'd be in a suit with nice shoes. I'd probably have them polished too. Man I would hate to be shoe shine for livi-'
    "Did anyone find it?"
    "Uh..."

13. ROFL, sounds like what goes on in my head.

"But I'm not a business man. If I was I wouldn't be wearing these sneakers, I'd be in a suit with nice shoes..."

That shit cracked me up :D

14. i very rarely have this problem. its usually something like
    me (to everyone): yo who has my light
    random head: oh here
    and i get my lighter back. i hate people too cheap to buy a 1- 2 dollar lighter :rolleyes: and they have to swoop on someone elses

15. Lawl, ya'll are chumps, I haven't bought a lighter since the 6th grade! SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

16. Every one should have there own lighter if not then they shall be hassled.

17. If it is family, we share because we always return lost or forgotten lighters to each other. If it is a sesh with friends, bring your own or you are SOL.