How to keep CFL grow box cool? Help please?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bdub2283, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Ok I have a 3x2x2 grow box in my walk in closet I have 2 fans in the box along with good intake and exhaust fans built in to the box and I'm running a cool non mist humidifier in the closet. I'm using 6 30W CFL's but my problem is I can't seem to keep the closet cool especially in the winter when the heat kicks on it gets pretty warm in the closet I tried closing the vent but that didn't seem to help much still stays pretty warm in there and my temps in the box stay around 85 to 90 degrees with the lights on. Anybody have this problem and does anybody have an idea how I can keep it cooler in there? I feel like I'm stuck with this temp issue thanks in advance for the help.

2. Where do you have the exhaust fans running to? And pictures would be nice so we can actually see what your working with.

3. Well the box is in a walk in closet so the exhaust is just going in the closet but at least all that heat isn't trapped in the box. Really my only option for such a small box. If I knew how to post pics I would but I'm doing this all from my phone and it won't let me just copy and paste but I'm sure if I looked into it further I could figure out how to post pics.

4. Do you have a heat issue or are you creating a heat issue? I'm asking if you have a problem with your plants or are you just worried?

5. On iPhones to get pictures you hit either of these buttons down here, your phone might be similar haha ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417863270.012362.jpg

II II
    V V

6. I actually have the opposite problem. I have a Superbox that is only 30" high & uses a 200 watt CFL. Mine is in my basement & even in the summer months I need to take measures to keep the internal temp above 75.

7. ditch the intake. Run 2 exhaust fans.
    might drop the temp a degree or two. Another option is to get your exhaust to dump outside of your walk in closet. 
    Or buy an led and problem solved. I started with CFLs and had similar problems, but with leds I have to add a couple cfl lights to get the temps up!

8. ...It gets over 90 degrees when the plants are grown outside...my superbox stays at like 90 but why is that a problem? I mean yeah 75 is perfect but 90 will not really harm the plants. Northern California gets hot....