Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to increase your high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wSmash, Feb 25, 2009.

1. A little fresh nutmeg never hurt nobody...

2. with mangoes, you really wont notice the difference if your smoking some good dank. maybe your high will last longer but you wont really get higher than what the bud will do ya.

do it with mids and it will get you up there. ive noticed the difference. plus i love mangoes. :)

3. Although people say that coughing doesn't get you higher, imo it does for me.

Everytime I cough after a hit I feel it a lot quicker, and it hits me harder. I can feel it.

I can't vouche for the OJ one, never done that.

As for the mango, hell yeah it works. Eat it 1 hour before you smoke so it will enter your system.

4. Orange juice doesnt bring my high up, so im going to have to say thats still a myth...

Ive never even heard of the mango getting you higher, so i will definately have to try that
    because i just dont get that high anymore... :)

And the coughing part is a myth. It doesnt get you higher, its just the feeling you get from coughing.
    When you cough from tokes, you usually havent had a nice solid breath of air, and thats almost like holding your breath under water.
    And when you cough multiple times its harder for your lungs to absorb the oxygen because its coming in and out so fast, making you seem breathless almost...
    hopefully that makes some sense :)

THC travels along oxygen in the blood, so taking a a medium hit and taking a nice breath before you exhale... try that, and the mango :)

or if you want a real nice ripped... smoke dry pails, lungs, chutes whatever you want to call them! :)
    and add a little tobacco and it will give you the greatest head buzz of life

5. Smoke a newport. oh my god I love it when I get stoned and light one up. It just makes everything so calm and relaxing.

6. Try smoking a Djarum Black after(clove yay). Its bliss *sigh* such a nice buzz. :smoke: I don't know if I should say it makes me higher, but its defininetly adds to the experience.

And wow, I didn't know that stuff about the mangos you guys. I gotta try it :hello:

7. You can't get off unless you cough!

8. smoke a cigar and get drunk while your high. its amazing. and mangos work too. :smoke: happy toking.

9. I have no idea if this has already been said, but the one thing that always works for me is right after taking a hit, i'll suck in as much as i possibly can, until i can't inhale anymore. everyone i tell to do that seems to approve... :yay:

10. i know this works for me. so if your a cig smoker pick up a pack of menthol. they say the menthol opens the air ways and alows thc that stuck to you lungs to be introdused into the blood stream. but im not sure if its true i no i smoke newport most the time and it always brings my high back up a little when i smoke one. but it also brings it down faster a couple min after you done smoking the cig.

• why cant i have oxygen and thc

11. ive seen many posts giving the mango a thumbs up
    ive never heard anything about orange juice or vitaman c
    and i doubt coughing actually gets you any higher than normal
    but to be honest the more i choke the more high i feel
    i just cant see how that would make any sense

12. #73 Coup D'etat, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010
    There may be a correlation between THC in your body and your tolerance, but that doesn't mean that once the THC is out of your body your tolerance will be great. You seem to imply that THC and tolerance go together. I'm very confident it doesn't.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I recall reading that it is your cannabinoid receptors in your brain that desensitize over time, giving you what we call tolerance build up to pot. CB1 and CB2 or something along the lines of that. If the THC binds to these receptors and they slowly become less "useful" in getting you high, then you build up tolerance. The amount of THC in your fat has nothing to do with this. The argument that once the THC is out of your system = low tolerance isn't true. It can take months for those receptors to build up again.

When you use the word system, you are being far too broad. The chemical reactions of THC occur in the brain. THC also ends up in the fat as well. There is fat on the external side of the body, but there is also fat on the inside of the body as well e.g. the heart, liver, kidneys, and other organs. Just because THC can be stored there has nothing to do with tolerance.

If an individual who smoked for the first time on Friday, then on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, waits a week, and goes at it again the following Monday, he or she will be blasted out of their mind. BUT the THC will still be in their "system."

Remember statistics? Correlation doesn't imply direct causation. Your argument seems to suggest that fat is what THC binds to and produces the high.

13. #74 Coup D'etat, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010
    OP,

How to increase your high?
    -Don't eat before you smoke. Being on a light/empty stomach has rocked my brains out more than when I've eaten before hand.
    -Don't eat after you get high. Food to marijuana is like time to alcohol - it'll sober you up.
    -No water. It'll sober you up. Cotton mouth sucks. Chew on some gum sugar free gum.
    -Hot box that shit - it's better than coughing IMO. Coughing cuts off oxygen to the brain, giving you a light headed feeling. A contained space with marijuana going through your nose and mouth will blow your mind away.
    -Throw some kief on your bowl or in your joint or blunt. I get some very sugary weed. Usually after I've grounded that up in my grinder, I usually sprinkle some kief from my kief catcher onto my bowls. Cigarettes smokers can actually press the end of the cigarette into the kief and get a nice high after they're done smoking along with the buzz that comes with nicotine.
    -Gas mask :yummy:

edit: fucking thread is a year old.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marijuana contains a chemical called Myrcene. High grade marijuana bud generally

contains a comparatively higher concentration of myrcene than low grade cannabis bud.

Mangoes, Lemon grass, and other less-common plants also contain high amounts of

this chemical. Myrcene is believed to aid the potency of the marijuana high by allowing

the psychoactive chemicals found in cannabis, namely THC, to cross the blood-brain

barrier more efficiently.

15. I heard, eat before you get high, then eat a mango about half an hour after smoking, to get the best results with out smoking more, or you could smoke better stuff, or more:smoking:

16. Or you can simply take one half a nutmeg earlier in the day, since it takes a good 4-6 hours to kick in. That stuff can knock you on the floor and back on your feet, it can get severely intense with some good bud. And to parch your thirst; go to the store and buy some puree mango juice to sip on before/during or after you toke. Just make sure if you drink some alcohol at some point not to drink too much.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. i honestly dont think there is anything that can increase your high except a mango but i havent tried it...just smoke more weed then pass out...thats always fun :)

18. Wait... what?

19. actuallly the coughing thing is true, i will try to make sense, because im high on morphine, but when you cough the bronchial sacks or w/e that are in your lungs expand when you cough causing more of the thc to stick to them and that gets you highers.