how to hitch a train..

Discussion in 'General' started by amnesiac, Mar 17, 2009.

1. #1 amnesiac, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
    so chicago sucks. people are are cold and miserable. i would pay the airfare to get out to san diego. but that would leave me with less money for a car out there. 300 dollars less to get on my feet. i just wish there was a train i could hitch. if i could right now i would. because i have enough money to get a car.. a cheap car.. sleep in that car.. and get a job. if anyone could help a man hitch a train to cali that would be awesome. thanks god bless.

2. I've literally just picked up and moved before, but never without a car. You're going to be hard pressed to find something to drive and live in at the same time, all while just arriving in a new city you aren't familiar with. I'd at least get a car before you move, it'll make things 100x easier on you.

If not, take a Greyhound.

3. i wouldnt suggest just getting up and leaving in this economy unless you have a job waiting for you cuz otherwise you could burn through your money real quick.

4. yeah, ive got a bunch of really sharp clothes, i figured i would just apply everywhere and catch a job real quick, living out of soup kitchens and shelters. life isnt much better here and now.

5. grey hounds are just as expensive as flying. 300 bucks. also getting a car from chicago to cali, 2100 miles. at 15 mpg. at 2 something a gallon gallon. another 200 bucks damn near. i just know if somebody dumped my ass in the streets of san diego i would definetely be ok. seeing as how i dont use drugs and have great professional references.

6. no dude, i doubt you would get a job

what makes you think things are any better somewhere else.

moving to a place with higher cost of living isn't a good idea

7. whats the point of goin to cali if you dont smoke lol