How to have a normal conversation high?

Discussion in 'General' started by bongsnblunts24, Nov 19, 2012.

1. So ive been smoking weed for about two years now and i just moved in with my dad, and after a two month dry spell i finally got about a quarter of some mids, i smoked a joint then about ten minutes later tried to talk to my dad and i kept stuttering and i felt like a dumbass, totally killed my high trying to not sound like a retard. So i was wondering if the nice people from GC could help me. Thanks :wave:

2. It's all in your head. If you can have a conversation with other people high you can have one with your dad. Just don't psych yourself out thinking oh he knows he knows. Just stay calm, think about what you are going to say before you talk and beware of shifty eyes.

3. Sorry but you just cant lol...sometimes i would talk to my parent high as shit and burst out laughing or smiling hella cheesy and shit because im trying to hide my highness lol

4. Youve been smoking two years and you cant have a conversation while high on mids?

5. [quote name='"twitchydude420"']Youve been smoking two years and you cant have a conversation while high on mids?[/quote]

He hadnt smoked in two months if I had a two month break a joint of anything to my face would get me blitzed

6. Two month dry spell had my tolerance really low and it was exactly like the first time i smoked

7. Simple, relax.

8. Go about it nonchalantly as if everything is normal. If you try focusing on not slipping up, chances are you will. If anyone asks why you seem more chipper, just say you're in a good mood. :smoke:

9. I mean im not trying to hide it from him cause i smoke in front of him he actually prefers i smoke weed than drink or smoke cigs but i just get really anxious for some reason

10. shouldn't have smoked in the vicinity of people you don't want to associate with if you're coming off a t-break i guess lol lesson learned :smoking:

11. Fuck man, if he knows he knows. The last time I went to visit my parents house I smoked a joint in their basement (lack of respect but it was raining so I did it anyways)

It was like 630 am and my dad woke up and started his day as usual. 20 minutes later he came down stairs, I was paranoid as fuck but we ended up having a real good conversation, and he stayed and watched a movie with me. That shit never happens in my house, it was pretty cool.

As someone said, don't psych yourself out. You can talk to your dad baked or not.

12. Hah Good luck communicating, Guy :p

Attached Files:

13. lmao ^ funny as hell

14. You have to get comfortable being high around him

15. Just relax and don't let yourself get caught up being paranoid. First time I had to talk to one of my new housemates whilst high was horrible, I was trying to hide it and the conversation went to shit. Second time I decided I didn't give a fuck if my housemates know I smoke, we spent an hour straight talking and she didn't pick up that I was blazed. The more you try and concentrate on hiding it and not being suspicious the more suspicious you're gonna look.

16. Its called rebuilding a tolerance man

17. Once you get used to it, it will get easy again. People like to freak out thinking the other one knows something, but 99,9% they dont

18. My little like.. mental tool to get over the "People know..."

Is that i think to myself "and....?"

and then i no longer fear.