How to Grow Purple Weed - Tutorial Request

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Nor-Cal-Bud, Sep 13, 2007.

1. I have multiple "purple strains" growing in my back yard and would like some help finding or developing a "Step by Step" guide to make the plants purple.

Most strains are about 30 days out from harvest and the 2 Grape Apes are just going into flowering (9-12-2007)

<< CHECK OUT MY GROW BY CLICKING THE GALLERY BUTTON TO THE LEFT <<

My Strains I'm willing to test on:
    • Blueberry Skunk
    • Purple Kush
    • Black Berry Kush
    • Grape Ape
    • Master Kush
    • Bubble Kush
    • StoneHenge
    • Northern Lights#10
    From what I've read, there are 3 things that need to be in place.
    1. The Right Strains
    2. Cool Nights
    3. (optional) develop a nutrient difiency
    Honestly that's about all I know and would like to get some Experienced input on the process and what I need to do.

Thanks in advance on your feedback
    NCB

2. the easist way i know of is making it get like 55f at night

3. seems like unless it grows purp on its own it may not be as good if you give it a deficiency or super cold nights(shock?). is it worth less good product just to look purple? I may be wrong but it seems like with optimum light heat and feeding you would get better in the end.

4. ive read that different chemical processes happen during the night hours and operate better in a colder temp 15degrees lower than daytime is what ive heard. mabye this would make the plant better in the end? I would think that 55deg f wouldnt shock a plant but i could be mistaken on that...

5. There is a chemical called Purple Maxx made by the same people that make Bushmaster & Gravity. Personally, I don't care for the Bushmaster product but Purple Maxx & Gravity both do exactly what they say they do. The local hydro store carries Purple Maxx for $100 a quart. It is expensive but I've had 1 bottle for about 4 months and I grow a lot of plants. Directions say only use it once a week (I use it twice) in flowering cycle. During veg it can be applied as a foliar spray. Any plant that has purple genetics will turn a deep purple from just foliar spray and once a week watering with Purple Maxx. I should also add that another side effect of this product is more resin production and a huge visual difference in the number of crystals. The product should be called Snow Storm instead of Purple Maxx :)

6. you can make your "weed purple" but will it taste and smoke like "the purp"?

7. I was talking with a buddy last night and he said that Purple colored/flavored kool aid is the cheapest way to get-r-done

8. I am also reading about the Purple Maxx by Bushwhacker. From whatI'm reading it's really concentrated and can burn your plants if not careful

NCB

9. thats with anything really a teaspoon of bloom nute has to be watered down with a gallon of water, pretty potent stuff..

10. Ok, I just got back from the grow store and picked up an 8oz bottle of Purple Maxx (aka Stacker) for $29.00.

I did my 1st folliar feeding with it today followed by a VERY Light Watering (just the top surface of the dirt (water ran about 3-4 inches deep)). I did this because I was told over the phone by the rep at Eel River Hydroponic that the product would "increase uptake". He also indicated that the product was not a nutrient.

I used 1/4 teaspoon per 1/2 gallon in my little pump sprayer and here's a look at the buds today. I'll be updating you every week or so.

Pictured in this order:

Pic #1 - Black Berry Kush

Pic #2 - Blueberry Skunk

Pic #3 - Blueberry Skunk

Pic #4 - Bubba Kush

Pic #5 - Bubba Kush

Pic #6 - Master Kush

Pic #7 - Northern Lights #10

Pic #8 - Purple Kush

Pic #9 - Unknown

Attached Files:

11. ...newsflash...

purple weed is NOT that good.

12. I'll agree that the high isn't the most potient, but the purp I've smoked, has had a more earthy / organic flavor than most of the green bud I've smoked.

I guess that answers why we can still buy brown eggs at the grocery store

13. Purple weed is good for ripping high schoolers off. Purple weed doesn't really do anything.

14. i think purple bud is great. you just lose a great high for smell and taste

15. Yeah I agree, GDP is one of my fav strains, but unless u get a GREAT batch its not THAT stony. The smell and taste of it is phenomenal tho and if you get one of those "sleeper" batches you get the best of both worlds. Sometimes the best batches of GDP arent even purple looking, but you can smell its GDP and its bomb. Usually Light green with light golden hairs. Anyone tried Ultraviolet???

Im curious about that Purple Maxx whats the word??

16. In the Aquarium industry, Purple or Red plants require large quantities of Iron, unlike green plants, to turn them the purple or red tint.

I'd say throw in some Aquarium Iron for Aquarium plants, do about half a dose or experiment.

Here's what I use for great success in my planted aquarium tanks

Seachem: Flourish series
    - Iron

Guaranteed analysis off the bottle : Iron(Fe) 1.0%, 1.0% Soluble Iron

Derived from : Ferrous Gluconate f1506

5ml for each 50 gallons or maintain a 0.10 mg/L Iron solution.

From Bottle: Use as needed to combat signs of iron deficiency (usually seen in new growth) Which include : Chlorosis (yellowing) of tissue between veins and short slender stems.

Good luck, hope that helps.

17. I'd need to see documented proof before i bought into this, if its soo good why isnt it ALL OVER these forums?

18. I heard about this purple maxx, but I dont know about it either, thats y Im curious. let us know how its working . . . . u google it mord??

almost sound like dude's trying to advertise it :D:smoke:

19. I'll say it does speed up trichrome production, but NO purple yet. I still have about 30 days to go on most of my plants.

The Grape Ape is about 2 weeks in andd should be done in Mid- Nov.

20. How much are u using? I just picked some up and I've been doing a little research. It seems like you dont want to use it more than once a week and to cut back your nutrients 1/3. Also, if u use it at the beginning of flowering it will mostly just speed up trichome production but if u use it 3 weeks b4 harvest is when color change will occur.