How to grow in mobile home discretely

Discussion in 'Security' started by daffyshuler, Mar 22, 2014.

1. So a long tmi story of my shitty marriage with a crazy woman....i had to high tail it to my mom's place for my sanity. Now that I'm a free man again, i plan to buy some "reggie"(which btw what is that supposed to mean? Mids?) And i expect to get seeds by the name. I want to do an indoor grow in my closet but i live in a trailer park in Nc, where pot is obviously illegal. How/what can i do/buy so i can grow like 1-2 plants like that? I'm looking to grow for personal use so i don't have to buy anymore, but want the odor to be down and the grow unnotice. Help please.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Btw first time in over a year really excited to get my buzz on!!!!

3. You need a filtering circulation rig.  Keeps the plants from getting baked by a hot light and removes the smell.  You need a carbon filter, a vortex fan, and maybe a muffler.  If you can't rig that up in a closet you will need a tent.

4. And how big do plants usually grow?

5. That all depends on the strain and how you grow it. Veg for a short time or do some lst, sog etc. Look into it.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Also the strain you pick can make a big difference! It is far easier to hide the odor from  "Lemon ____", or "Pine Tar Kush", than "California Road-Kill Skunk"! Then just match your air-freshener to your strain!

Granny

7. I currently live with her while I'm in school. Any idea on a small grow?

8. Pc grow or small grow in a box

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 FunTimeGrowHap, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
    Post #6......That might work for a granny in a med state, but I'm still getting a blip on my bullshit detector...

10. Pc box sounds good.

you gotta share some clones of that skunk... :gc_rocks:

12. fun, the amount of odor depends on how many plants he is growing! He said one or two. Not one or two dozen!

I have had a plant (C-99) that smelled EXACTLY like pink grapefruit, not pot. Even my non-using sons agreed with me that it did NOT smell like "pot", but rather pleasant and "grapefruity"! By picking strains with odors that are more commonly found in modern households - lemon or pine- a couple plants become easier to hide! If he were growing a couple dozen plants, the house would reek, but one or two? No prob!

Granny

I did exactly this with great results :D

14. PC boxes suck. They're too small. Haven't you seen the trailer park boys episode where Ricky covers his whole kitchen in tin foil? I'm pretty sure that's the way to go.

:bongin:

15. No but its a micro grow, so it will be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. View attachment 1218885
    View attachment 1224036
    View attachment 1224037
    View attachment 1224038
    View attachment 1224039
    View attachment 1224040
    View attachment 1224041
    View attachment 1224043
    Carbon Filter, vortex van, speed controller, negative pressure in the grow area....   No one will know whether you are growing cucumbers or pot.

HELL...  or ANYTHING for that matter

Had 3/4 of an LB in full bloom in my studio appartment, and could not smell ANYTHING upon entering the space  after having been at work all day.  Tried and true.  this method works.

Period.

17. You're gonna need to control sound too. I lived in a mobile park and I could hear the neighbor's kids running across their floors.

18. You should like the Heisenberg of MJ.

19. If you really want to do it big in a trailer, check out this grow! Greatest video of all time in my book, old school SOG perfectly executed. Just need an empty trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YI-j_CsLvg

20. #20 mandrin13, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
    Rubbermaid CFL setup with scrog.  Stack the bins, stick them in your closet, Done

Cut a hole through 1 of the tops, and one of the bottom pieces, and attach them together so there is a giant hole in the center, the bigger the better, but too much and you will have light leak.  The second pic shows what I am trying to say, its looking down through both of the bins.  Cut out the inlet hole and 2 outlet holes for air/fans.  Cut the holes in the back rather than top which a lot of people do, its much more stealthy and the CFLs do not get excessively hot. Add some 90 degree elbows to stop light leaks, mine are on the inside for additional stealth/cleanliness, but you can put them outside if you need interior room.   Sand the insides down, and paint the inside black. I got high and forgot to do both even though I had the paint and paper out, so now I have the white paint letting light through and its flaking off.  Stealth wasnt a big concern so I left it, could also add weatherstrip to the lid for additional blockage.  Next paint it white, add the screen and lights, and a diy filter using activated carbon to stop the smell.  When I added the filter the temp jumped a few degrees due to less airflow, keep this in mind.  This is just to get me by until I can build something more permanent, but might work great for your setup.    

Attached Files: