how to grow from seeds......

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by girlygirl, Nov 27, 2006.

1. ok quick question for y'all out there.........have few seeds left from a recent bag, was thinking I would try my hand at growing a few plants........I know this probably sounds really stupid to people who know what they are doing, but do I just plant them or do I soak them to germinate or what?? Any help would be greatly appreciated, but please dont make fun......dont think my ego could take it!!!:hello:

2. Hey thanks for the pics were helpful!! But another dumb question, do they have to be under lights constantly or can they just grow like regular houseplants??

3. veg them under 18hours of light and six of darkness or 24 hours of light per day. when they're big enough switch bulbs to 2700k (red) and change lighting to 12 on 12 off.

4. Let the seeds soak in water overnight. When you come back the next morning, tap the seeds which are floating at the top and see if they sink. Those that sink to the bottom are ready for planting. For those that don't sink, you may need to sqeeze them open before planting.

Germinated seeds must be under 24 hours of more than 2000 lumens of light in order to make sure they grow as short and possible, which will cotinue until the plant reaches maturity and is ready to begin the proper vegetative cycle.